Need Smallest and Most Powerful 1xAAA Light

You’re welcome. :wink:

:bigsmile:

Just received one in the mail today and put the Efest battery in to try it out and WOW, this thing blows my trusty Tank 09 away by a good margin.
When I first turned it on, I thought OK it looks good but not that bright. Then I twisted the head and she hit High, OH My, I had forgotten they come on Medium first.
Anyway they do get hot quick as expected.
Does anyone have an honest real world figure on the lumen output of this i3S running on the Efest battery?
Gotta be over 300.

This light is a gift for my daughter, she will probably do best just with the AAA’s, I am going to get her some primary lithium batteries.

Now Daddy has to get one for himself.
Thanks,
Keith

That’s what I’m thinking Keith, somewhere around 300 lumens. Lots of light for such a tiny thing, eh?

I am looking at some 10440 right now on ebay, 4x 10440 Trustfires for $8 shipped, so I may give it a try regardless, but …

How hot how fast are these getting?

What are the chances of frying the i3S?

Is there a real point to loading and EDC with a 10440?

Does output on med change with a 10440?

[quote=Muto]

tru tru. Tank 09 does ~150 Fenix lumens on 10440, and ~90 Fenix lumens on NiMH. That's very bright on NiMH and not too bright on 10440.

but it is safe to use 10440 on the E09; you can enjoy longer runtimes, and current draw is low/safe too. i measured currents meticulously and noted them in the table

anyway, i don't use my E09 nor my ES12 in practice anymore. they're too nice, too likable, so i want to keep them in mint. I prefer to RL-use lights where i don't mind scratches, drops, failure up to death hh.

For serious output, I would still be pointing people at Zebralight SC52, 500 lumens on a 16500 in such a tiny package is as good as it going to get until emitters improve.

Sticking to AAA size, any mentioned in this thread should be ok.

I use a single mode Streamlight Microstream C4 with a blue unprotected 10440 Li-ion. It is not much wider than a AAA battery and uses a tailcap switch. Some people don’t like the clip, I think the clip is very good. I carry this flashlight in my front left jeans pocket on the side and I haven’t lost it. The clip is “S” shaped which means you can clip it to your pocket or to the brim of your baseball cap without having to turn the clip around. The tailcap is designed so you can use it momentary and always on. The switch is very firm to press for full on mode. It was designed that way so it would not be accidently powered on in your pocket. It comes with extra rubber tailcap covers and if I remember correctly an O-ring, (the latter I’m not sure).

The flashlight is rated for AAA alkaline and NiMH use only, but seems to run fine using the 10440 Li-ion. I’ve test run it for no longer than 2 minutes and it seems fine. It does get warm, and over time overheating will damage the LED and battery, so take care if using the 10440 battery, since it is not rated for Li-ion use.

Given all the above, the flashlight has a great throw and is fairly inexpensive. Amazon has them for less than $20 free shipping. You can probably find them else where for cheaper or on sale.

You can find reviews on Youtube about running the Streamlight Microstream C4 with a 10440 vs other lights including the ones mentioned above.
Here is one:
Streamlight Microstream C4 with 10440

I would recommend the new 4sevens preon 1 with xp-g2. As you are looking for power, i am running my olight i3s and preon both on efest 10440 battery. On high i3s become uncomfortably hot within a minute but the preon manages the heat nicely than i3s and the hot spot is also tighter in preon. To me preon is a better choice to run 10440 than i3s.

I would recommend you to buy efest, I am running my i3s with a efest 10440 for a about 7 months, it is working fine. Medium output definitely is brighter on 10440.

PAISEN Q5 LED LIGHT

So are both lights about the same brightness? If so where is the heat going? If the body isn’t getting hot, that suggests to me something inside is getting MUCH hotter without an escape path.

* I looked at the cheap ebay 10440, went with the efest with no regrets. The more I use the Olight i3s with a 10440 the more I like it. All the cells are unprotected, so you do need to exercise some caution when the light output drops indicating battery is getting low.

What would convince me to buy another similar small light would be “made for 10440” with some kind of battery level detection and warning, like dim and slow flash, before auto shut off.

H)
Just bought myself one!
Wife, said, “Wow, wow and she is no dog.
She now uses it 100% of the time.
I do not know the power of this single AAA battery job.
It is Great for its size. The problem I have is it is to slipery.

Another vote for Oooh Light I3S. Near perfect construction, starts on medium, coated lens, great anodising. Can’t go wrong with it.

Since there’s been a lot of experimentation with using 10440’s in lights where their manufacturers say to only use AAA primaries, has anyone confirmed if you could use the 10440’s in the Maratec’s?

My Maratac copper runs fine with a 10440, but it has a 2-mode Worm driver, probably different from the other Maratacs. But because all my AAA-lights work ok on 10440's (Maratac copper, ITP A3, Thrunite Ti, Lumintop Tool) and all those drivers seem similar (boost drivers that go direct drive on Li-ions) I'm pretty sure those Maratacs work fine on 10440's too, just don't let it run too hot too long.

i3s is still my EDC with a Efest 10440, its does all the stuff anyone would expect from a smaller flashlight. Its brighter than all the older 2xAA I’ve compared it to, only issue is that on high it does get hot in about a minute.

It’s now always in my pocket, and anytime I want light, I have light.

Downside is that the next flashlight is going to have to be a STEP improvement, or I wait.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-small-portable-charge-strong-light-flashlight-r3-led-flashlight/623556_860791274.html

Saw this. They say it´s bright.Picture says its three mode. Edit; TrustFire XP-EF23 clone?

Ad says its a Cree R3, but that doesn’t narrow down which emitter it uses much does it?