Need some help looking for a small edc light

Looking for some recommendations on a thinner, edc esque light

Im looking for a short, single emitter light, BLF A6 like beam, side switch, Ramping firmware ideal, 14500 or 18350 powered.

I love everything about the D4 except the heat output. Ideally I would have a D4 with a single emitter that is floody. I have a D1 and the head is larger and its throwier than I would like for an EDC

The only thing that is ticking almost all boxes for me is the ThruNite Neutron 2C NW with the shorty tube installed, but nothing else. I would buy the Klarus Mi7 if it was L~~H instead of H~~>L, but that isnt an option.
I suppose I could build a shorty S2+ with Crescendo, but ideally its going to be a 14500 light.

Interesting. I’d like to see what someone comes up with. Have you looked at the Olight S1A Baton? It doesn’t have ramping firmware, but it’s a nice little EDC light, IMHO.

Edit: You said the ThruNite Neutron 2C NW ticks almost all the boxes for you. What didn’t you like about it? What do you want different?

Edit 2: Here’s a Olight S1R review and giveaway. This is the same as the S1 (CR123 or 16340 size) except with the added bonus of an integrated magnetic charger and included 16340 cell. This one will be even shorter in length than the S1A, since the S1A is for AA/14500 cells.

Ideally I want a 14500 size light, thats about it. Maybe something cheaper as I dont really need USB charging.

Im really just looking for options.

Sounds like you need a custom built light, maybe this guy can help you:

or maybe you would be happy with a Zebralight SC52

The D4 only has a heat problem at high outputs.

The only way around it is, don’t do that, or the light has to be bigger.

Utorch UT01 has everything except ramping.
And it’s only $10 on sale
Great tiny light, 14500 or AA.

My EDC for 18 months or so is an “on the road” M3

A superb tiny little thing, bought as a kit with OTR 16340 cell (excellent, hard to find a 3rd party one as good) and charger (rubbish) in 5C tint.

Also takes CR123 primary cells.

https://uk.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_361933.html but sometimes on sale.

Has displaced my Olight S15. smaller, much much brighter, nearly 1000 lumens, excellent tint.

14500 cells are not that great, except for high current. Actual energy capacity is no more than a decent AA NimH, whereas the 700 mAh cell in my M3 has similar capacity, as would a decent 18350, latest ones even more.

Make no sense to me, except for torches that can only operate with a lithium cell. If AA primary or rechargeable can be used as backup, as in my Olight S15, that’s great.

A BLF A6 with short 18350 tube is nice, similar capacity, but much larger. My M3 is just as good, except on full turbo.

Did I say the M3 is tiny ? It really is, and very well built. Side switch too, with no measurable parasitic drain.

By the way, 16340 and CR123 also fit well in my A6 with 18350 tube, so have standardised on 16340.