Need some repair work on a broken BLF A6

Something doesn’t look right in the construction of your A6. Where did you get it from? Here is the Banggood page for the BLF A6. You can see some pictures of it taken apart. It is different than yours internally.

BLF A6 at Banggood

EDIT: Just now realized, you do have another section to take apart. That part with the driver in it is a separate piece from the battery tube and can be unscrewed from it.

It is pretty simple. Just wasn’t sure if you wanted to invest in soldering supplies. This is how it all starts. I have 5 soldering irons and a box full of wire, small plyer sets, fluxes, cleaners and etc. It keeps growing. Usually starts with a small job then you say ” I wish I had that tool” or ” Wish I had a flux pen ” and before you know it, you will have a box full of stuff. Good luck with the repair.

Wow! Thank you profusely DavidEF. That's going to make things much easier. I thought it was kind of a dumb way to build it, but I've never had an Astrolux light before and besides, I'm a Noob. Do I have to change my user name to Missing Tube Guy?

Yes, I'm embarrassed.

Regardless, turning the battery tube around did not produce any light at the LED. And yes, I put a battery in it.

Tell me about it. Anybody want to buy a Radial Arm Saw? Tablesaw? Bandsaw? Belt Sander? How about a Valkyrie? Leathers, helmets, heated suits and really good gloves? I have some golf clubs someplace.

I could go on.

Anyway, Thanks again to everybody for the advice. Your schoolin' me good.

Guilty as charged. I've definitely made this mistake!

I had a fairly nice light that I maimed, trying to get a pic of the emitters for a buyer.
I donated it to DB custom, as he has always been super helpful.
For him, to pop new emitters into it, for his own use, it was perfect.
Too cost prohibitive to ship back and forth AND pay for the 4x emitter job….