Need step-by-step guide for idiots on how to flash Emisar D4 with Anduril

FW3A also uses an ATiny85… the same MCU in the D4 v1.

The guide in this thread for the D4 should work perfectly for flashing the FW3A. Only difference is getting to the MCU is a bit easier since the driver is held in via retaining ring rather than glue.

i used the instructions at the top of the page to update mine today to Anduril so much nicer being able to do the lockout on 4 clicks instead of 6

Anyone else have trouble getting their D4S to flash using the dupont cable method? I flashed mine a while back to Anduril and had trouble getting it to flash but eventually got it to work. Then with Anduril2 being a thing I wanted to update it to that but can’t get it to work on avrdude via a mac or using the new android app method. I got the test command to show 100% success 1 time so I quickly ran the full flash command and it failed and the light is now not functioning at all and I cant get the cables to make proper connection long enough to do anything. Is it possible to “wollow” out the pinholes and render them unusable?

To flash my D4S I used a fine diamond file to make the points on the dupont cables thinner and with a shallower angle. It didn’t take that much on each one and now they’ll wedge nicely in the holes. I’ve kept the 6 together to use solely for the D4S, which I’ve flashed a couple of times now.

I tried sharpening mine and still can’t successfully flash mine. I get close to success but always end up with this when it does actually try to flash

avrdude: error: usbasp_transmit: Input/output error
avrdude: error: wrong responds size
Writing | ################################################## | 100% 5.94s

avrdude: 7864 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against anduril.2020-09-27.emisar-d4s.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file anduril.2020-09-27.emisar-d4s.hex:
avrdude: input file anduril.2020-09-27.emisar-d4s.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: input file anduril.2020-09-27.emisar-d4s.hex contains 7864 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | | 0% 0.00savrdude: error: usbasp_transmit: Input/output error
avrdude: error: wrong reading bytes ffffffff
avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000
read operation not supported for memory “flash”
avrdude: failed to read all of flash memory, rc=–2

avrdude done. Thank you.