never to fear, my long wand is here!

I have a big old 5 cell mag light? is it cool or what? Also, what could i buy for an LED conversion?

Certainly cool! Pictures please? :slight_smile:

I think there are some custom LED drop-ins being sold for the light… not sure if it can handle the 5D voltage though.

i’ll have to get a few pics of it. It is the typical black mag light, and i must say its really long. The long black (wand) as my family calls it has done many things to help on the farm. I’ve beat coon to death with it. “that’ll teach ya to snatch eggs!” It’s been a prop for a few things in the shop. It’s also helped when we were bringing in the shine from out in the woods!

I really like Maglites too, I think they’re superb for their price.

Finding a LED drop-in will give it a new life, I’m sure you’ll like it.

i’ve seen em in 3 cells. Damn those things are bright! I cant imagine how much brighter i’ll be with 5 cells!

LOL. Love the thread title. Mags are physically tough, but they are also a bit tougher to modify. If you are handy at working with copper, you can easily make a copper disk that can rest on the ledge in there and hold new led emitter and reflector (The original ican reflector will not work well with an led).

Here is a cheap easy mod that pretty cool. Not a barn burner, but much more light than the original light. You will probably need to put a spacer in place of one of your cells to bring the voltage down.

i do what i can. I’m not that good with copper. All i do is scrap it. Heck i’ve even used this big black wand to help pull copper out of our old barn!

Then the link in my post may just what the doctor ordered for your long, apparently scarred up, wand.

For some serious light, there are some talented folks here that may be able to help you out. Welcome to the forum TLW.

My wand thanks you for your assistance. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have someone else help with my long wand!

This is an easy affordable upgrade that will release some new life from a Mag.

Not the brightest, but usable and will easily out perform any off the shelf incan Maglite.

Thanks for the help! my wand appreciates it!