New 21700, Osram CULNM1.TG Boost, 5a, Zoomie, possible group buy from.....

I was looking at this company for a custom rifle mounted light using the HT12 but decided against it.

I have a sample of the HT12 I modded with the CULPM1 with Simon’s 5A driver, it gets approx 1.4km.

- This model has absolutely zero fins and 5A heats up super quick. I removed the NTC so it wouldn’t step down so quick.

- It focuses too far in as well and I have to play with the zoom to hit the sweet spot.

• The head wobbles at max zoom, doesn’t feel solid.

Good thought but I wouldn’t bother.

We have 2 very different opinions on HT12 here.
On one side one of the finest zoomies out there, on the other a light with problems that’s not worth investing much time into.

Cvinion, could you address the Funtastic’s comment?

Do we have other members who got HT12 and can offer their thoughts about it?

I like how they describe the threads as “nice”
:smiley:
I wonder what not nice machined threads would look like…

Well, I told Nitesun the culpm1 was what they should be using approx 2 months ago. I was just asked by them to share my testing data and they have ordered some to check.

I didn’t like it much for my purpose of a gun light but for general use it would be fine. Nitesun want to see my footage so I’ll upload it and drop a link. Footage shows it quite easily hitting our hill at 1,200m.

Tried 7A but way too hot within 15 seconds, 5A is the limit for this host

Here’s my demo that Nitesun requested

Thanks Funtastic. :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve actually gone ahead and decided to order to sell in my store. I’m going to just grab the host and have the Osram White, Green, Red, 850nm, 940nm LEDs as a full hunting kit.

I considered the Brinyte T28, but the reviews all say the Fresnel lens produces some bad artifacts, and they aren’t using Osram LEDs. Brinyte were also pushing me to use their expensive 21700 batteries, I know for a fact when I’m selling 21700’s for $14 nzd my customers aren’t going to spend $35 on a Brinyte battery. That’s the trouble with these companies they always price their batteries quite high, just a regular Samsung rewrapped with a PCB. If the light has built in protection why bother.

I still stand by my above remarks, but hunters keep asking me for an IR light, so thought the HT12 would be a decent host.

I didn’t really like how Brinyte phoned me around 8pm either to basically sell themselves lol tried talking, but my contact just rose his voice and cut me off. Gave them my address info to become a reviewer, not get phoned up at night.