【NEW】Any Idea On LUMINTOP 2 AAA Driven Pen Flashlight IYP365

I do. This is my first Lumintop light and I like the elegant look, not to mention the nice Nichia 219BT LED with OP reflector giving out smooth big hotspot in a nice tint! Another thing that I think Lumintop done right with this IYP365 is the switch. This is the kind of switch that I wish other manufacturers would consider using — Firm On/Off, smooth mode switching by “light”-press. :+1:

Stop making me droll :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I just being cranky when I ask, why isn’t this in the Commercial Sellers section?
The multiple posts by the seller look like spam, spam, spam
I know, I know, it’s good though.

Original poster can edit the first post and change it to the Commercial Sellers category, easily.

Looks like a nice light! I like the 2XAAA form factor for EDC. But a big question: does the switch protrude enough that it could be actuated in a pocket? That’s my only gripe with the Thrunite Ti4. If this switch is recessed enough to prevent accidental activation, I’ll be very interested!

You can Check yourlocal Nichia dealers or local store to see if can get some.
Here is nichia website guide where to buy: LED | NICHIA CORPORATION

Did you know your company is making the IYP365 also with a Nichia LED already installed in it? Whis is what I ment. Nevermind already ordered one on GB…

I dont like it because its not Low-Mid-Hi, for me its a must in a EDC light.

I was also so, but then I realized that I always end up switching go Mid, so now I kinda like it. And usualy by these lights Mid is around 30lumens so not as blinding when you switch it on in the dark…

I dont think so, many times i need the light when i wake up at night and the medium mode will hurt my eyes in such a situation. Thats why i cant understand manufactors with medium-low-high or high-medium-low. It just makes no sense to me.

Since we are talking about a penlight here, I usually use these at work, so I need to light up darker areas where there is not enough light at daytime. At nighttime I keep an AA, 2xAA or an 18650 light at my bed and be sure I also get the ones that start on moonlight…so I understand…

Wait - so you basically use smaller capacity cells for flashlights where more light is required and use bigger cells when you use mainly moonlight? That make no sense to me. I agree with daninho. In 1xAAA and 2xAAA I want the light to start in lowest mode no to ruin my night vision. When I need more light I use bigger torch by default. AAA are backup/keychain lights for me. Never had any 2xAAA though - not seeing any sense in those. Single AA has same/similar capacity/power and is shorter albeit slightly bigger diameter so this could be a factor for someone I suppose.

Nevertheless those lights look very good and if there’s 1xAAA version with L-M-H mode sequence I would very much want one.
Lumintop: do you plan to release 1xAAA version with low to high mode sequence?

Since my daily summer work outfit consists mostly from jeans and a shirt I need my EDC lights to be slick and slim. 1xAAA lights fit, but the capacity does not. 2xAAA lights are perfect for my EDC carry style because of the higher capacity maintaining the slimness. If I should sum up my daily flashlight use it would be 50 lumens for 30 minutes. I know a 1xAAA light can handle that but since the usage varies than I would have to charge the battery or change it every night. The girth on a 1xAA light is overall smaller than on a 2xAAA, but it is wider so I notice it a lot more. I own 30+ lights of different form factors and for my EDC needs 2xAAA lights fit the most. And for my bed light a choose whatever comes to hand :slight_smile:

I mean its always better to start on low if there is no mode memory because you can ruin your nightvision. If i need more light i can just switch to hi mode, only 2 little clicks, no big deal. But when the light starts on medium or high i can switch to low as well but i have ruined my nightvision.

The same discussion i had with Imalent, there new EDC light with display starts always in high mode, thats ridiculous. They told me to put my hand in front of the lens before switching it on to keep my nightvision and switch to low mode :person_facepalming:

That will do nothing when you try to block 1000 Lumens at night with your hand.

started with that one unit…

and then another…

well, what if I loss one and it’s out of stock later…

to play it safe… decided to have a backup unit to the backup unit to the backup unit… ya know… just in case…

and yes, all Nichia 219BT, starting in mid brightness is just perfect for me as I use this mode almost all the time.

You are trying to have one flashlight be good at multiple roles. Get the right tool for the right job. Here’s my take on the ideal mode sequence for the different roles of my flashlights:

Bedside: L-M-H
EDC: M-L-H
Tactical: H-M-L

Lumintop, do you plan a 1xAAA version of the IYP365 ?
I’d love the same slick body with that gorgeous SS button in a more compact format for EDC :slight_smile:

+1

One thing is missing to IYP365 though - the SS button should have the rabbit logo engraved. The logo is round so it would look awesome on a round button.
Titanium Tool would benefit from it as well.

@Lumintop - you should consider engraving rabbit logo on metal pushbuttons. I would gladly purchase spare buttons for both IYP and Tool Ti with this design.