New bike light time (flash light style)

Hi all

Iv not been on here for about a year so iv lost touch a little but im definitely overdue a new light for my bike :slight_smile:

I currently run 7 L2P’s with various XML P60 drop in’s (4 on the bars 3 on my helmet) ……but I’m looking for an upgrade (if that’s possible)

Id ideally like 2 stumpy lights on the bars so and ill keep my best 2 L2P’s on my head

So my wish list is;

Each light must provide more light than 2 XML L2P’s
Use 18650 (I use protected eagletac 3100ah)
Max £100 / $150
Waterproof
Max length 8” ish
All in one unit (flashlight style)
Run time - 40min at 100% and a lower setting capable of 1.5hr
Flood more important than throw
but throw must good at 50m at least

Recommendations would be much appreciated

There's a bunch of stuff at FT.

How about this one?

Thanks for that, I’m really after a complete unit rather than separate battery pack, so I can also use it as a torch aswell.

Ah didn't see that one.

I'm guessing you don't want something chunky like a SRK or Roche M170 or a SolarStorm Warrior?

Yes chunky is good, my first thought was a sky ray or nitecoreTM26 (but as I say I’m a little out of touch) ill take a look at those other suggestions also, cheers

Also been getting myself back up to speed with the SF range and the S2200 looks interesting and gets some good reviews but how does it compare to the chunky monkey’s Suggested Or indeed to my 2 L2P’s its replacing ?

I should add to the spec that the light should handle 3/4 18650’s

Mount a pair of BTU shockers and be done with it :wink:

I use ONE P60 on my handlebars and aside from maybe wishing I had one on my helmet too, it’s plenty bright! But seven isn’t enough??

What kind of speeds are you able to reach on this crazy bike of yours? It IS a *bi*cycle, right?

Maybe you need THIS and a small generator of sorts.

You might have issues with blinding oncoming traffic I suppose, but then again, with seven P60s you probably already do.

I guess all kidding aside, if you really want more, just put a few SRKs on your handlebars and be done with it, but I don’t know where you’re gonna find a mount for that.

Too much light ! How dare you suggest such a thing !

If I’m honest the 7 I have now provide plenty of light but I just want more for no other reason than I just do, and also my riding buddies have recently out done me

I only use these for off road cycling at the dead of light in the woods and over the moors so no fear of blinding drivers

Ill make my own mounts for them as I need them secure, My current L2P’s are mounted using weapon mounts as iv never found a dedicated bike mount that holds up to off road riding

WHAT??? You need to post a pic! That's got to look insane! Like some sort of lumen monster!

-Garry

[/quote]

WHAT??? You need to post a pic! That’s got to look insane! Like some sort of lumen monster!

-Garry

[/quote]

I’m not on a night ride until the weekend but I will do some

I fitted a few of mine at the same time, never actually ran it with that much…

Beamshot :wink:

Nice beamshot

I've got some distance beamshots here comparing a few of them.

The S2200 really is a significantly larger beast. Around one and a half to two times as long as the others.

Photos of size comparison are in the same thread.

and I thought I was crazy for putting my DRY on the handlebars… :slight_smile:

are you guys riding in the black hole?
so many lights on the bar… :stuck_out_tongue:

i only have small P60 light…don’t want the light jump out of the bar when road gets bumpy :smiley:

Roads are for men that shave too much and have an unhealthy appetite for Lycra :wink:

LOL, you interpret “road” very literally…