New candidate for ugliest light of the year award

maybe we should make a contest , “the ugliest scratch built” similar to ratrod in automotive world.

Have to agree about the LM10. They took the simple, sleek, and elegant design of the FWxx and made it look like a medieval castle tower. (Or maybe they were going for a Star Wars-y look?)

Looks like something Marvin the Martian would use.

So sad - it’s out of stock…

Ok who purchased them all?

LM10 actually looks decent to me. The TK17-TI looks ugly af IMO.

I dislike the clip, not necessarily the flashlight! But I dislike the UI even more :stuck_out_tongue:
Acebeam had it all to make a good flashlight, and ruined it :person_facepalming:

Looks like a serious case of phimosis.

I don’t like most of those finishes, but the SS one looks cool.

Really? Because to me the FW series looks (and feels about as reliable as) a plastic toy. At least the steel LM10 looks slightly more sci-fi.

Not questioning tastes, just adding my 2 cents. :wink:

Good lawdy, that clip looks about as nice and natural as a third eyeball :confounded:

Looks familiar somehow…

IMHO, I think the only “fail” here was the diamond lattice cuts for the grip, instead of knurling. Totally changed the feeling & practicality.

What they SHOULD have done:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10048552/9630469-multifunctional-car-emergency-tool-led-flashlight

The description is a gold mine.

“When your auto develops a fault, you may use the seat-belt cutter to cut off the safety belt, ans use the safety hammer to break the glass. ”

“Charging Time: About 2 hours by cranking, 3 hours by USB”

“High capacity Power Bank: 3.6V/120mAh internal rechargeable battery for long working hours”

And just think, you could’ve had one of those clips for only $20! :person_facepalming:

IMO, no brand can produce ugly flashlights as consistently as the Pelican
Here is their top of the line landmark product:

2220 VB3™ Flashlight

• Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence!!!
  • Dual super bright white LEDs that may never need replacing
  • 9 LUMENS
  • Super bright LED beam
  • 38cd
  • Built tough for outdoor use
  • IPX4

22 USD on Amazon for anyone interested

Pelican - amazes me they’re still around. Overpriced, low lumens, ugly lights.
But we can’t judge another’s taste.

Anecdote: a while back I sold a toilet to a fellow*. He had just returned from some far-off country hardware store to fetch a waterproof light. Can’t recall the model but used 2 AAs side by side and gave a few lemons output. He was in the process of renovating his bathroom and was discarding his old ‘john’; a black toilet! So strange, I didn’t question his need for a Pelican light when installing a toilet.

*I sold him a corner stall (with a triangular reservoir).

Must be their awesome warranty,

The old OP link opens a current FT page showing the Smiling Shark ES03, a rebranded Amutorch E3S. I’ve been eyeing it for a week or so. $35 including the 20355 battery is not bad if you can get passed the dumb name.

The most strikingly ugly flashlight I’ve seen lately is the FF T9R. I can imagine being someplace using it with passers by asking me “What in the hell is that thing”. I guess I could wear a aluminum foil hat and tell people it’s an alien detector.

Looks like the head of MechaAlligator (duked it out with Mothra).

This one looks like an AMC car from the 70s. Uugly.
https://imgaz3.staticbg.com/thumb/large/oaupload/banggood/images/B1/91/26ff5b52-bd58-453e-b848-56a675d57c1e.jpg.webp