New convoy 4x18a

I made some pictures of the driver

Imgur

Aaaaaaaand there are Lexel's drivers....

Custom made at your liking.

I didnt know Dale pulled all that off with a Q8 ??

Didn’t know he was doing custom work. I’ve not been following driver development for quite a while (years). Just kinda got the bug again a few weeks ago when I finally cleaned up my workbench and started organizing some things and now I have hundreds of dollars worth of builds on my wishlist. Now that in this past year or so meaningfully better emitters are available, I feel the need to refresh my collection. Terrible how this works…

Thanks!

Deleted

This could potentially be a nice 90.2 mod host. Few things I like:

• 4P cells, perfect!
  • wide opening in the reflector, though not sure it's big enough
  • decent size reflector, not great, but decent with a 69 mm head diam
  • can probably take a huge diam MCPCB, if you got one for the 90.2 (think I do)
  • Convoy quality
  • looks like a AUX LED switch, perfect for Anduril
  • driver? Well, obviously it's a low power (5A) boost so it has to go, or be used as a base for piggybacking in a good one

I'm pretty sure I could get a nice FET+1 piggybacked in there, and lose the USB-C charging of course.

Head diam is about the same as a FT03, if the dims are correct, so should expect bout the same performance.

4x18a reflector comes in right under 57mm ID and the FT03 59mm

Fastech sent me 2, paid for 1 :wink:

The heatsinking of the 4x18 is way better though, it has a lot more thermal mass
The overall quality is much better. If only it had Anduril…

My thought exactly. Surprised no one has done it and posted about it. The head of the 4x18a looks a bit like the head of my P718T from a few years ago but shorter, or a boruit rj-2013 head with a side switch.

Simon is allegedly working on this… Maybe as 3x21700 though… I think he’s trying for a current regulated driver, and is limited to ~18Amps last I heard.