New Convoy BD06

I’d be very very grateful if someone posted pics of both sides of the driver :blush:

Looks great! I think I’ll be ordering one soon.

I too would like to see the driver. I suspect that it is going to be a board mounted e-switch and maybe a second board for charger / regulator.

I asked earlier and it was confirmed that it is a clicky switch just like the other bd models. So I’m guessing it is a 7135 based board like the others as well. I added four 7135 to boost the output of the bd04. It’s a much better light now with an XPL hi led.

I can’t get you a picture right now, but on the BD02 the side switch is sticking off the side of the board, the board has a attiny 13 and most of the same parts as a QLite board, with a couple extra parts for the charging circuit. The top of the BD04 board looks a lot like a qlite the bottom has an extra contact ring for the battery carrier, the charging circuit is in the tail.

The description says “press gently to change modes”, so I guess it has a small omtem or whatever switch attached on the side of the board?

Those who have seen the driver, does the switch looks like this? I wasn’t interested before because I thought it had a e-switch, but with a regular reverse clicky it can be modded so much easier.

BTW what’s the difference between the BD01 and BD06 other than design? BD01 seems like it has larger reflector?

From unknown0101’s review Review: Dipper BD01 (1x XML2, 1x 26650/18650) - Built in Charger

received my bd06 and i think its a pretty nice light. they could have made the reflector slightly bigger to fill up the head though.
i tested only 744 lumens with the blf sphere.

It came today

OK first impressions
It is a slightly shrunken BD01

Head is significant smaller, 06 pockets with ease
Tube is a little bit smaller it legoes.
Threads are anodised on the 06 so lockout possible on both sides of rube (01 only tailside)
Tail no longer has the area for rubber 18650 holders and that saves length
Same simple UI
Same charging system (also legoes)
Same style nice box
Seems a bit less bright
That’s all for these three minutes I have it :wink:

Just joined site, hi all. Led here when digging data about Convoy items. How much fun is thus? How great is a pocket powerhouse that can take either an 18650 or 26650 cell plus charge via clip thing. Brilliant!

So the BD06 was the start. That’s the house light. Then I added a couple of S2+ (black & red) for EDC. Hmmmm. I think I need one for each car too! Heh, heh. So an M2 and a new C8.

I tried to find the lights sold with the middle temperature beam like the 4C and was pretty much successful, except the C8 which I gave in to after it popped up on a flash sale and it’s got the XM-L2 U2-1A 7135x8. For $14.50 it’ll be fine…a nice little thrower. Wow! Then one popped up for $9.63!!! Oh yeah. That one is mine too. An XML T6.

That should do me til next month…ouch!

Got my BD01 today, noticed it flickers up and down in the highest mode. Took it apart and two legs of the MCU are in short, is this normal or same in your lights?

Edit: Also, there is some serious resistance in the front spring, The current varies from 1.6-2.5A depending on the pressure, I will bypass them both, add 4 chips to increase the current and Mcpcb will be swapped for a noctigon. There is possibility for a fet piggyback and XP-L HI by sanding the centering ring but I will not hot rod this one, I have been modding too many lights the same way and it feels boring to have another FET + XPL HI light.

The integrated charging system works surprisingly well and pulls 0.92A max from the USB, I guess about 1A to the battery after conversion and losses. It can also run without the battery as an emergency light but the output is very limited.

Overall very well built light, good output and decent throw, I would prefer it not having the empty room in the tail to store the 18650 rings and the overly long spring a la maglite.

My BD06 two legs of the MCU are normal.
It flickers up >>> because It is not tight fit B- of PCB contact .

I remove blass cap and plastic out.
use biger spring of 6P module and bend it like U shape .
sander down side (close up 6P spring) the retainer alu ring then screw in… done!

:+1:

The short between those pins eliminates the disco modes. My BD06 doesn’t have those pins shorted, and it has 5 modes. I will be fixing this promptly with a solder bridge (as I did on my BD03 as well).

Where did you get it for $9.63?

Does anyone tried to figure out driver schematic? Is it same as a 105C and the charging part is separated from driver? If it separated can I flash Biscotti in my BD06? I want to add 2-3 more 7135-s and flash biscotti if possibble. If nobody tried I will examine the driver and maybe try flashing with Biscotti.

Just received my BD06 from GB last week (during anniversary sale). So far I like it a lot. Only I cannot seem to switch mode groups, if more than one exists.
For modes I get: really low -> low -> Med -> High -> Turbo -> Strobe -> Bike blink -> Battery level, then cycles back to really low.
No mode memory and always starts in “really low” (I don’t say moonlight because it seems much brighter than 1 lumen).
I’ve tried having it on lowest mode for more than a minute waiting for a blink to prompt the off/on like my Convory S6, but no blink evident.
A bunch of searching on BD06 suggests many possible UI configurations sometimes depending on its manufacturing date.
Using a Keeppower 26650.

Anyone else purchase a Convoy BD06 recently and able to switch mode groups?
Thanks.

If you look on gearbest on the BD06 page you have info
About the UI there.

Its not the same as your s6.

I think all of the BD06s now has Biscotti firmware. I got mine from banggood last week and it has biscotti.

@ Lowtech
Thank you!
I don’t know how I missed that!
I was performing page searches and googling BD06 all over the place, but the 12 Mode Groups diagram is a jpeg so that’s why I didn’t get hits. :person_facepalming:
Now I LOVE my BD06 :+1:

Was the any reason why we could not flash Biscotti to old versions? Anyone done that?