New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

oh oh oh oh

Yes I want a natural one!!

i will consider to produce gray version

I ordered this new version and Banggood sent me the older version :stuck_out_tongue:

Told them I wanted the new version only but they keep asking me to accept the one they sent !
Why should I accept the older version when I already have 2 of them???
I’m getting a little annoyed with BG, I tell ya….

I want the grey version so Badly. Please make it happen!

The newer version that BG advertised on their website is actually the OLDER Version.
Just received the flashlight and was very disappointed as I actually have 2 older versions C8.
For anyone ordering from BG, just be careful because from what I received was Not the newer version.
What makes me mad about them is before ordering, went on Chat and asked 2 of their CS if this were the Newer Version and if I placed an order will I can get the newer version and exactly like the one in the website ad and was confirmed by their CS, that is very deceptive/bait n’ switch tactics.

More likely they look identical to muggles non-enthusiasts. They wouldn't know an integral shelf from a pill if their life depended on it. Couple that with English as a second language. ;)

I actually prefer older version, I ordered from Simon new but I am not 2 happy about it, if only BG offered convoy C8 with forward switch that would be excellent.

bro ,i can change the reverse switch of new C8 to forward switch……
but if you choose forward switch ,the LD25 is more suitable than 7135 driver

T

As far as I’m concerned, I ordered the ‘newer’ version based on the images on their website: for example…

I only wanted this version and none other. I am currently ‘in negotiations’ with BG and as usual that includes various back and forth emails. In fact they haven’t replied to my suggestion since 3 days ago :expressionless:
The titile of this post is ” New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it “.
How the heck am I gonna love it if I’m sent the wrong one??

I agree, just saying the CS reps are probably oblivious to the difference, not trying to be deceptive.

Absence make the heart grow fonder?

(You know this isn't BG's thread, right? Maybe should of bought one from Simon.)

If a seller uses a different photo than the one they actually have (even only visual differences), no matter what they think spec-wise, I think they are already deceptive.
Why bother changing the page if they think they are both the same anyway ?
It’s clear they think the new model looks better, so they use the photo to sell their old & “less-beatiful” version, but then they send the old version to unsuspecting customers.
For me, if that is not deceptive, I don’t know what else.

Can you to tell us why please ? If its only because of the switch type its not because of the flashlight host but the setup.

This is anoher deceit of “The Cave of the Tricksters”.

I know, you remember that I asked you to test if forward switch from L4 will fit and next day you said: “YES,I have tested ,it fits” and the I ordered :slight_smile:
As per LD25, it is not suitable for my needs because:

- 2600mA is too much for XPE2 tipe leds and pretty conservative for XML2

- cannot be set to 1 mode only

• cannot be custom programmed

It’s just a setup that I prefer (like when you get used to one brand of coffee and when you cannot find it in stores you feel discomfortable and start planning “zombie apocalypse” stash :D). Even before BG offered SMO version I was ordering from Simon C8 host, SMO reflector from L4, forward switch from L4, no LED (or bare leds) and no driver…

So uh, my C8s from FT came in...from the look of things I think these are the new C8s.

Album link in pic.

Thanks for posting the link to your album. The closeup pictures are great. I don’t really need a third C8, but I may need one of the new Convoy C8 flashlights. Please let us know how the beam looks, and post a beamshot if you are able.

I’ll try to get some BSes once its nightfall (only 18:00 right now)

I have this random shot I did onto my ceiling. About 9'6" from the floor.

I received today Convoy C8 host from FT,expected normal(old) one,but I also got new version.I had older version host,so I thought it would be nice to take few pics for comparison:

Head is better overall compared to older version,nicer pill for 20mm led star,more surface area,and one extra cooling fin.

BUT, there is one unnecessary error:

LED mcpcb sits way too deep with 32mm long reflector,so if you want nice fit,you must unscrew the pill by about half turn backwards.Pretty stupid,because pill would rattle a little bit if you do that.

Next,tailcap section,I don't know who designed new one,but it sucks compared to old one:

Tiny white switch is big fail,if we talk about reliability at higher currents,especially 5+Amps.Also,it's easier and more reliable to copper braid old one.

Another thing that doesn't looks logical is that switch board is only about 16mm in diameter,while bottom of tailcap is close to 18mm,so you must be careful during assembly,because switch pcb can be badly centered:

One more bad thing is mechanical pressure on tiny white switch:

As you can see,on the older version all mechanical pressure was on that black plastic spacer;on new version there is only alumium washer and mechanical pressure(from assembly) is on switch,probably several kg.

One last thing,there is a small gap between tailcap-body on new version:

With old tailcap style this would be a nice upgraded light,but currently it's worse IMHO.

This is sad.