【Wurkkos HD10 update】Design together Wurkkos AA/14500 Light/headlamp-trail production test~

The same was mentioned here.

• Li-ion only with USB charging
  • Li-ion + AA without USB charging

When considering dual fuel it must be regulated. So fingers crossed that they make good driver.

2 Thanks

Dual-fuel will always be regulated on at least one side. 1.2/1.5v has to be boosted to 3v due to the 3v emitters. Let’s hope the li-ion side is at least linear, if not buck.

4 Thanks

Leds could also be in series. Then it could use boost for 1.2/1.5V and 3.7V.

2 Thanks

It could, but I doubt that will happen. I hope it doesn’t. AA compatibility would be a downside I think. Dual fuel always makes both options mediocre. And there’s no reason to put an alkaline in a light that can use a 14500. If you need more runtime, just bring another 14500

4 Thanks

Theoretically. But probably there is no converter on market to to this job.

@Quadrupel
@Vicv

3 Thanks

While Li-ion batteries store more energy for the same size or weight, I appreciate being able to use NiMH batteries in dual-fuel lights because of their intrinsic safety, even though the maximum brightness and runtime will be less.

I would like to see more small lights supporting both Anduril and NiMH batteries, besides just the Sofirn SP10 Pro.

3 Thanks

But still it sells :grin:

1 Thank

I know about that driver. But I very much doubt that that enthusiast made custom driver will appear in a $12 mass produced flashlight. So it’s a moot point.

Yeah. I was just telling it’s doable. And maybe if they plan pro version or something similar, then why not. I would pay that 10$ extra it might cause.

1 Thank

For sure. I’d pay ten dollars extra just for the LEDs on a 3s board and a boost driver. If it can support 1.2v cells, fine. But not a requirement.

1 Thank

1.2v to 9v boost seems very inefficient and unnecessary. The HD10 is most likely going to end up being a FET+1 driver, unfortunately. I would still get one, since ~100 lumens regulated headlamp is still plenty useful for close up works in the dark.

Ya. That’s why I’d rather a 3.7 to 9v. Hanks 3.7 to 12 v boost is over 90% efficient. Not sure how that would work on such a small size though. But that’s what I want. Not what I expect we will get. You’re right I imagine it’ll be the same fet +1. Just turned sideways

2 Thanks

Any updates on this?

How will the drivers be made?

Boost + 3S? Buck + 3P? Linear regulator? FET poop?

Will there be single fuel + USB, or dual fuel only without USB? Which version will get Anduril, which won’t?

My personal dream would be a 14500 only, boost driver, anduril version with USB-C…

6 Thanks

Boost driver or at least good driver will be great :slight_smile:

If the light really ticks all my boxes apart from the driver, I could see myself making a custom MCPCB and driver - provided Wurkkos makes them somewhat easy to remove/replace. My sofirns mostly have the drivers glued/pressed in place with no real way of replacing them.

Please keep them modular/repairable!

2 Thanks

Sofirn/wurkkos drivers are generally glued yes but usually they can be removed with some heat and prying, and if you’re going to replace the driver you can use more brute force.

2 Thanks

Glued and T shape, because of poor host design . Whats why never modded sofirn/ wurkos

Ah, nice to know… We’ll see.

Nothing to see, there is a better options for modding.