NEW--DQG 18650 II CREE XM-L2 CW/NW 1x18650 Smallest EDC Flashlight

Why does it have a tailcap now? Its still a twisty that can be loaded from the front, right?

Good question. I think it might be because the head threads are so long -> easier to open from tailcap?

And yes, it's still twisty and can be loaded from front.

Funny you say that, was thinking the same.

A promotion thread requires response beyond just an initial post.

I got one - disappointed it came in cool white when I ordered neutral, and the mode changing drives me nuts with the flickering. Also if you turn it off, pressing down on the head will turn it back on because there's so much play in the threads. I'd love to fix this - maybe Teflon tape? My ThruNite T10 and Tank E09 work flawlessly as a twisty.

How cool would it be if DQG made an 18650 light that worked flawlessly?!

He’d be loving the free advertising, and now he has people bumping his post!

Are you talking about this new version? My sample changes modes totally flawlessly, unlike v1.

While we are at it, here's a performance graph for first 15 minutes without any cooling => temperature up to 67°C (test aborted)

Brand new v2 version I have with mode changing issues. Might have been one of the first he shipped out - it does have the new clip which I found useless because it's so tight. Also it sticks out far, so I removed it. Now I've been using a Pana protected 3400 in it. Just tried a Pana B (3400) unprotected and measured:

lumens: 578 @start, 517 @30 secs

Mine definitely looks to be cool white when compared to other neutral and cool lights I got side by side on a white wall.

So far the mode changing is working much better with the unprotected Panasonic. I'll have to use this over the next couple of days and see

That's exactly what I found out: Reverse polarity protection is playing tricks with protected Panas. Try putting a small metallic disc between battery and tail cap and see if that helps (my trick with a dime did help -> mode changing wored as well as with unprotected)

Ohh - so the dime trick helps with both protected and unprotected? Does it fix the pressing down on the head activation problem? For mine, you have to give it an extra 1/4 turn or so after turning it off to be sure pressure on the head doesn't turn it back on. With the unprotected Pana B and without the dime, it still has mode changing issues when you are using one hand - slower twists, but still seems more reliable than it was.

The dime trick is only needed if the round ring on the tail cap doesn't take good contact with negative end of the cell.

Normal case:

Two problematic scenarios:

Scenario 1. "Protected Pana": Negative pole of the cell is non-flat (protruding)

Negative pole presses to foam pad, tailcap "ring" doesn't make good contact with negative pole => light is tight to twist, mode changing is difficult.

This can be fixed by adding thin flat metal plate ("Dime") between tailcap ring and negative pole:

Scenario 2. "Too much shrink wrap":

Shrink wrap goes too far over the negative pole, preventing contact between negative pole and tail cap.

Simple dime doesn't help, but thin flat metal plate with blob of solder does the trick:

Pressing the head after (barely) turning off does indeed turn the light on. You are right that additional 1/4 turn when turning of helps. I hadn't noticed or thought of this at all, but that might be because I always turn lights off "properly" (= 1/4-1/2 turns more than needed).

FYI: I have observed problems with protected panasonic batteries when they are a squeezed a little bit.

I have a few I had to remove the protection from completely from after I had played some with a QTC light I build. They really do not like to be squeezed at all!

What angle is the optic? My light is not floody enough. On cnqualitygoods theres two 20mm optics, a 15 degree and a 45 degree. If that 45 would fit the light and it would triple the diameter of the beam i’d be happy.

I’ve been looking at one of these for a quite a while, but i’m starting to think an Olight S20 L2 might be worth the extra fifteen bucks.

Has anyone had a more positive experience than what I’ve been reading so far? Have the later ones been more consistent in fit, finish and function?

Hum, i got it a few days back, the dqg tiny. I can only confirm what u guys said. The clip is very tight, it is best to use unprotected cells, sometimes it does flicker on changing modes so when u wanna go from low to mid if it flickers you are again on the low mode. Also, the beam is a bit ringy, dunno if that’s just on mine?

This light is high on my "Not Recommended" list -- dunno, maybe lots of fiddling with dimes, batteries, who knows..., will make it work better, but for this price I expect better. The threads are what's killing it and no matter what fiddling you do, there's nothing that will make up for the poor design of the threading.

I have the v1 NW 3C in Ti color. Now I’m curious about this v2. The only problem I had with my v1 was it didn’t work well with my protected (2600mAh XTAR 18700) batteries. I ended up using a cheap 3200mAh Ultrafire unprotected (blue wrapper) then it works perfectly.

I guess I got lucky on the chinese lottery because (except for not fitting protected battery) my v1 had none of the many issues I’ve read about. It never flickers or skips modes, the twisty/head is not too tight or too loose and doesn’t wobble. Never added the 2nd o-ring either, just has the one cheezy clear o-ring, I coated the threads well with Superlube grease. And it has the nicest neutral tint of all my lights.

However for some reason the light just sits at home and I’ve been EDCing an Olight S20. Probably because I’m not really into twistys and the S20 is pretty small and has a nice side switch.

However…. I had both lights out for a comparison tonight and the DQG has better throw, nearly the same spill, and it has a much much more pleasing tint that makes it much easier to see everything. So now my interest is sparked with this new DQG v2.

I don’t like the looks of the new tailcap and clip. the tailcap looks fatter, the clip looks too stiff and appears it’s slightly less of a “deep carry” as the v1.

However I can’t overlook the pro’s:

• XML2 (brighter)
  • Slightly shorter length than v1
  • Will fit protected battery (sounds like it may only work good with the shortest brands though)

The best price I could find was $35.00 from: BTU Flashlights Aliexpress Store

Hopefully someone who has the V1 will review this soon!
I saw somewhere on another forum that UPz has one on the way for review, and he has done a review on the v1,
DQG18650 v1 review linked here for reference

Also been seriously considering the DQG 26650, UPz has just posted his review of that light here on BLF.

Do you think you could ever make one in shorty mode (going back to my vaping experience) then have an "extension sleeve" to make it 18650...dual purpose

Max amps on high 1A~ and cut it down to an 18350?

anyone saw this one? who get it?
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2215
huuu,i like it!!!

Yes, I have one. There’s a separate thread about it:

I like it. It’s much better than the twisty DQG 18650s.

I like it so much that I ordered a second one which I plan to mod with triple XPL and a DrJones driver.

hallo.it will be better with tripple xpl??:slight_smile: