New Eagletac MT-G2 and XM-L2 lights

Yup, it is, it's the same size as the Zebralight S6330. If they really wanted to, they could probably cut off another few mm.

What's interesting is it's really quite long. Longer than an SRK for example, by a bit.

Definitely not a pocket light.

This light is just a few mm’s smaller than the Blackshadow Darth, but twice the output.

How much?

$138

Black Shadow Darth:

Dimensions: 50mm(HD)×150mm(L)×47mm(TD)
Weight: 350g(Without battery)
Color: Leaden
Emitter: 3×CREE XM-L U2 LED, 1500 lumens
Battery: 3x18650

Eagtac Eagletac Eageltac Eagle Tac SX25L3:

Dimensions: 47mm(HD)×144mm(L)×45.5mm(TD)
Weight: 309g(Without battery)
Color: Black
Emitter: 1×CREE MT-G2 P0 LED 5000K, 2750 lumens
Battery: 3x18650

Nitcore EA4:

Dimensions: 40mm(HD)×117mm(L)×41.8mm(TD)
Weight: 159g(Without battery)
Emitter: 1×CREE XM-L U2 LED, 668 lumens
Battery: 4xAA

Sunawayman D40A:

Dimensions: 40mm(HD)×120.6mm(L)×42.0mm(TD)
Weight: 165.4g(Without battery)
Emitter: 1×CREE XM-L2 LED, 980 lumens
Battery: 4xAA

The Darth was highly desirable when it was released and i even tried hard to get a groub buy going. The retailers took advantage of the situation, raised the price, and luckily the market did not accept it. A short time after market introduction and after detailed reviews people lost interest in the Darth altogether, the price dropped, but folks had already moved on. That was not a long time ago. Hardly anyone talks about Darth or SRK anymore. Technology progressed, then came the XM-L2 with no serious XM-L tint improvement, and we're now at MT-G2 already. 1x MT-G2 easily replaces 3x XM-L in this example. MT-G2 is so great that O-L doesn't want to fiddle with XM-L2's any longer in current and future builds.

Am glad that i eventually did not end up buying the Darth. Recently I got the SX25L3 MT-G2 and i am pleased as hell. Kicks my Nitecore TM15's a$$. The TM15's beam profile, everything but the hotspot, and tint performance is terrible and it's a lol big light why is it called "tiny" monster anyway. Sure the TM15, a triple XM-L U2, beats Darth's a$$ .. but not even 1.0 year after market release the TM15 is already as old as Swiss dried parmesano cheese!

Eagletac is supposed to release a new triple-emitter (xm-l2?) flashlight with 3-4x 18650 according to 2012 PDF catalog but it seems that the original plan got replaced by this SX25L3 compact light. Clearly, the SX25L3 is compacter and lighter than the TM15, has a much better beam and outputs the same amount of lumens (~2400 ANSI). The TM15 is throwier but we will get to that in more detail in my SX25L3 bfl review.

check the comments here:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/21020

and Johnny Mac’s review here:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/12805

The worlds of XM-L2 tints have just opened up. Mainly due to more people buying various emitters and getting more knowledge about them. And maybe a bit because some stores have been listening a bit to some requests I have made and been a bit inspired by them. In XM-L multi emitter lights you can get pretty much the exact tint and the beam you desire. A bit more info here (and some discussion about 3 XM-L2 vs single MT-G2).

Comparing NW MT-G2 vs CW XM-Ls isnt really a fair comparison when talking about tint. But the options to non-modders are limited yes, since most lights are limited to CW.

Can you tell me how 1x MT-G2 easily replaces 3 XM-L2s??

One of the reasons for the MT-G2s popularity is in that its new, and people want new. People like to experiment with new. People want a new emitter when they have a bunch of XM-L lights..Despite this, most seem to strive for more throw when it comes to the MT-G2. Which you can easily get with multiple XM-L2s in a similar sized reflector based on what I have seen. And I have used the MT-G2 in more than a handful or reflectors. Multi emitter lights like the SRK and such also have the benefit of being able to run on 1-4 batteries, and the safety of a parallel battery setup.

The SRK lights is as far as I can see, still one of the most talked about lights here. Either in form of SRK, Kung, Supfire M6 or something else.. Do we read the same forum? These lights are all over the place, and people hardly talk about them??

When that is said, the EagleTac SX25L3 looks a super sweet light. I really like the size of it. Get that review up ASAP! :beer:

maybe i don't see much SRK talks and stuff because i am blinded by my favoritism harhah. good that i am the kreisl and can delete some parts of posts without anyone noticing!!

yeah working hard on it!

dam i didnt realize they were so small. makes it even more tempting now. i gotta see how much i can get one for.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?300719-Sell-or-Trade-SX25L3-MT-G2

Thank you :D

Crap, looks like someone else already grabbed it.

Did you snag it? That’s a good deal!

EDIT: Sorry.

EDIT 2: I should’ve got it posted here sooner. :frowning:

Still really appreciate you posting it. I just don't visit CPF marketplace as much as I should.

You bet.

I saw you scored a TX25C2….looks like a sweet light!!

Yup, I'm going to have it modded by Vinh... driven harder, and dedomed, should keep the same output, but have even more throw. Really looking forward to having such a small pocket rocket.

There’s another SX25L3 on CPFM…$105 :wink:

Yeah, but no kit... and no clickie, not sure what he means by that. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm really hoping for cellguy to do another special. I have two camping trips coming up one end of september, and another potentially at the end of november. Would love to have this light before that.

It’s the same as the last one….+$5

Money order only... I realize it's technically the safest method, but just not worth the hassle of actually going to post office.