New EDC light

Funny enough I was looking at the fw3a…

I don’t use moonlight often. How would I go about asking for a different driver?

You could email Hank at intl outdoor if he is willing to put one together.

I messaged him and asked if he would do it. Hopefully he gets back to me soon!

Do you get “more” runtime with the d4v2? The way I’m understanding these drivers is that the d4v2 will keep running 300lm until it dims, depleting the battery down to nothing. If it were to run for 3 hours and Dim at the 3 hour mark, dying fully after half hour, 3.5 hours is runtime. Though dimmed, it provided light. If the 5A constant ran a constant 300lm for 3 hours 4 minutes and dies you had constant 300lm. Am I understanding correct? Which is better, constant 5a or non constant?

does size matter?

To a certain extent. I don’t want to carry huge light. My zebralight isn’t terribly sized.

maybe ask google for diameter and weight

of your Zebra
and a KR4

Ok so while I wait for hank to respond, are there any other lights with similar feature sets in the price range like the kr4 or d4v2?

see if anything on this list of anduril lights interests you… the models have clickable links…

Since comparison photos posted were not even the lights the OP wants…… Here is a side by side of 3 lights that you mentioned and are considering. The Kr4 isnt much larger than the D4v2 and bother are only slightly larger than the FW3A, you can judge for yourself.

To break it down further from my understanding using the numbers you mentioned as an example, the normal driver in the D4v2 at full charged cell would run the supposed 300lm but will dim over time as the cell depletes its charge as its output is tied to the batteries voltage since its only regulated up to 350mA or roughly 140~ lumens. The Kr4 driver since its regulated up to 5A would run ANY set lumen output regardless of cell voltage till its depleted

Thank you for the comparisons! I understand now. Like the old maglites would teeter out as batteries depleted vs my zebra light. Ok! I wish I could find a list of higher lumen EDC lights, the forum wouldn’t happen to have one, would it? I’ve watched videos of the D4V2 in hand. I’m ok with that size. If I could get one with the KR4 driver in it I’d be set.

What is the stainless steel bezel good for? Is it heat related, aesthetic or just for durability? Also, can you recommend any lights to check out on the level of the d4v2?

Easier if you know what the person has and what he doesn't like about it . Whether you want more throw or brighter or hi cri .weight size ,battery . output etc . If you say i have a sc 600 and want better tint ,simpler Ui and more throw than it's simpler to help answer the question . do you want a 21700 or a 18350 option ? Indoors outdoors? what kind of zebralight do you have ?

For me aesthetics mostly but I suppose a steel bezel would be more durable for knocking around and bumping things from time to time. As for “on the level of D4v2” Hank makes fantastic lights with great quality especially for the prices its hard to compare many lights in this category but that’s just me.

I mean there are higher lumen lights but then size starts to creep up and it ends up more a pocket to jacket carry light.

I agree just pointing him to hanks site was a good recommendation . MTN and Hank have proven themselves over the years as a great source . The Illumn suggestion was also a great one .

https://www.illumn.com/nitecore-tm11-2000-lumen-cool-white-4-x-18650-8-x-cr123a.html

I don’t have a battery preference. I know battery size to an extent determines flashlight size. I like my zebralight but wish it were brighter. It will be carried in my pocket by itself. I have a 3200 lumen light with a lot of flood and wish it were more throw. I don’t really need flood. I work on vehicles, need to light up a warehouse from time to time but also would like a light I can use in the bedroom without waking people. So a few lumens to 4000+? It needs to just last 12 hours of on and off use. Not 12 straight hours of use. I’m used to carrying pen lights but they’re not bright enough. The d4v2 ticks a lot of categories including the cool factor but not knowing a lot of brands i don’t know what I’m looking for. I don’t need a TON of features but having them is nice.

Does anybody happen to have a size comparison photo of a zebralight sc600 series light next to an emisar d4v2?

Well… I couldn’t wait any longer. After I heard back from hank I ordered the D4V2 ti with KR4 driver in it. Warm white button, 5000k xp-l, stainless bezel, raised switch retaining ring, pocket clip and magnet. Then ordered the Samsung flat tops (2)

16 days from ship to arrival. Charging batteries now. I guess we’ll see!

Could you comment on your new D4?