New from Europe, Serbia!

Hello, everyone. I learned about your website browsing through r/flashlight while I was searching for my first “real” flashlight and I got the TS10 of course haha. I am really thankful to them for helping me open this can of worms. Now, I am looking for my next flashlight (sp33s or m3-c) and another edc light as a gift. I still have a lot to learn a lot about different types of emitters and their capabilities.

2 Thanks

It’s nice to see you, Linuxer!

1 Thank

Welcome!

Hello there my fallow countryman and everybody.
I found this web community by pure luck.
In some near future i would like to perform some mods on my flashlight Sofirn SP 40 A ( i know it is cheap flashlight )but my personal opinion is that this model has potential to be much better than it is.
I am beginner in this field and I will appreciate any help and information that i can get.
Best regards ZZ11

Have a pleasant time at this friendly forum, ZZ11!
I like your username.
Does it refer to anything specific?

Welcome to BLF @Linuxer and @ZZ11.

I haven’t got that one but it has a threaded retaining ring, sometimes it can be unscrewed by pressing it on a rubber mat, it also has notches so needle nose plier can probably grap on those. Heat also helps loosen the glue, simply turboing the light beforehand should help.

For swapping the LED here’s a topic with a video about reflowing LEDs : How to reflow solder an LED emitter on a PCB or MCPCB.
If it’s a standard MCPCB size, LEDs can be bought already soldered onto it, and then you just have to solder the wires.

Hi thefreeman

Thank you for responding.
I have successfully open retaining ring with Cobra pliers it was real challenge not brake lens and destroy retaining ring.
For beginning my first thoughts was about replacing of original driver becous of issue when flashlight is in High mode it starting to generate excessive heat.+50C degrees after 12-15 min on 21C ambient temperature.
Tir lens is ok for my needs and diod is in satisfactory range that i’m planing to keep,I think that it is Samsung LH 351D 90CRI by factory specifications.
I have read on forums that there is option to adjust settings by changing some parameters but i do not know how to do that.