new here and need suggestions. :)

Hello, I am new here but have been lurking for a while.
I am getting really interested in collecting flashlights, but have not started yet.

I have come here for some recommendations of a couple lights I could get that would be good to get me into the hobby and be good lights as well, and I was hoping you folks could help out.

I would like something that is not too big and takes one 18650 or one 14500 battery.
I would like it to be as bright as possible for making sure the yard is secure at night.
Maybe one light that would be good EDC and one that would be good for the house and still not very big?
If possible, I would like to stay around or under $15 per light.

As for batteries and charger, I have an accucel 6 charger that I use to charge my lipos for RC car racing with, would that work to charge an 18650 or 14550?

Could you maybe also link me to a good deal on some legit batteries?

There is just too much junk out there to leave it up to me, and there is too much info here to search it all, hah.
So hopefully some of you could give me a few links. :slight_smile:

remember, I am a noob and know nothing about lights and dont even have one.

Thanks in advance folks. :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF, morvlorv! :party:

I’d suggest something like the C8 as a good all-rounder for house and garden. It is not too big, takes 1x18650. Quality can vary though, at this price level.

Your Turnigy charger can charge cylinder li-ion cells but you will need some crocodile clip leads and magnets to attach either side.

Banggood and FastTech have nice deals on top li-ion brands, Sanyo, Panasonic, etc. I’d suggest checking out the deal threads.

You could also get a 18650 holder to charge them with your accucel 6.

Currently there are awesome deal on Convoy S2. I would suggest you that one. weekly promotion convoy S2+ (over)

+1 at less than $15 for a nice 4c or 3b tint this is the deal of the month in my book

and welcome to BLF!

thanks guys, I think I will go for a convoy S2 and a Convoy C8.
both U2-1B.
And I will go with Sanyo cells.

I have the alligator clips and saw that magnet method. it looks like the way to go.

I think this will be a good entry step into the world of flashlights. :slight_smile:

Hopefully my wife doesnt divorce me now. knives, guns, lights, etc… she is going to flip…

thanks again guys

If you find the beam too harsh you can also open up a can of tint worms. Mtnelectronics and Illumination Supply both have a very nice warm tinted XM-L2.

I use a Venom Pro Charger (same as yours). You just need to purchase a battery holder. I charge one cell at a time. You can also make your own holder. I saw some a fellow made out of balsa wood & some copper screws/bolts. I think I am gonna make one of those. It looked clean & simple.

Convoy lights are a great starter. I also like lights that can handle the P60 Drop ins. Makes changing colors & mode selection and LED’s & colors a snap. Check out The Ultra Fire WF 502-B. Great 18650 light. Especially easy to mod down the road.

Hit up 18fitty. I think he still has some

My suggestion, buy 2 or 3 lights then never return to this corner of the internet again. :bigsmile:

my advice is the same…. except its the exact opposite! LOL