New King Kong Challenge UltraFire 12T6 13800-Lumen

Ok, who is the hero out these ready to saddle-up this new beast?

http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-12t6-13800-lumen-12xcree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-memory-led-flashlight-torch-3x26650-3x18650![](http://www.lightmalls.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/265x/0ae8fd36334f811d559143a7d5786aff/1/2/12t6.jpg)

http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-12t6-13800-lumen-12xcree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-memory-led-flashlight-torch-3x26650-3x18650

Nice with clickity push switch :smiley:

It looks like the start of cells dividing.
The light is pregnant. LOL

this multi-emitter thing is getting out of hand… but some how i still want one

LMAO!! Somewhere in a lab……

looks like radioactive frog eggs

My thoughts exactly!

Anyone purchase one yet? I’m sure we’d all like to see what the beam looks like.

I wonder how quick the switch melts :smiley:

It’s driving 12 XM-L’s (likely in parallel) with 8.5A. That’s about 700mA per LED. There will be no clicky melting without a mod.
Also note the head has no where near enough heat sink to get much above this drive current for long.
Having said that, I still want to see beam shots… :wink:

Just put an order in for one - I’m hoping for at least 500 lumens out of each XM-L driven @ 700mA making at least 6000 lumens all up, we’ll see…… even so it will beat the Olight X6 at third the price or less.

You realize even a U2 only puts out 300 lumens at 700 ma, and that is emitter lumens. You won't be getting anywhere close to 6000 lumens.

Correction I think they will be driven closer to 1+ amps.
I am buying this light not because I want a thrower as I have plenty of them, I want it for huge flood and as a big stick to carry on patrols - Well as I don’t have love affairs with my lights I don’t study a light for aesthetics, it’s a tool that I use and if it does the job who cares what it looks like?
This light will have more lumens than any 3,4,5,7,9,10 led budget light (unless the driver has been swapped for one on steroids which can be done to this to) and will run cooler and longer brighter due to less heat sag, besides I don’t have to run it on high all the time to produce as many lumens as ones with less LEDs.

I think there is a DRY Driver, that has a mode (with a mod??) that is direct drive. I think gords in England knows the specifics on this, might check with him, mate…

I have the 9xT6 version of this light. It puts out a hilarious amount of light. I cant wait to run it side by side with my incoming Fenix TK-70. I think the TK-70 is probably going to poop all over the 9xT6 though.

For throw it might poop on it, but mesure them in a sphere and for overall output (unless the 9t6 is horribly under driven) the 9t6 would win.

The 9T6 version will output more overall light than the TK70 because of thermal efficiency. Having 9 LEDs at 1 amp each is going to be better than 3 LEDs at 3 amps each, because the LEDs tend to be more efficient at lower amperage.

However it wont be THAT much brighter (assuming same emitter and same overall wattage), and Id rather have the TK70s great throw which is more useful than the wall of light (although that depends on the application I suppose), plus the fact that the TK70 will look brighter just due to the higher focus.

KD needs to come out with a boost driver for 12xml