New L2

Excellent choice, I use almost the same quite often with 18350 and XM-L 1,4A.

yeah I may grab some 18350's just for this light..you run the trustfire new flames for 7$ for 2 off manafont?

Yes it is a sweet little light with the Solarforce 3 mode XP-G. I measure 1.54 amps with a fully charged 1200ma Ultrafire 18350.

mines a solarforce drop in but the driver was replaced with a nanjg 2800 mah with 3 1735's pulled off..really bright light..the drop-in I bought before they started putting better drivers in them and only pulled 1a in stock form..the extra 700mah makes it a great drop-in..

I use the Ultrafire 18350. No problem up to date. Yet not too many cycles to brag about either.

5.80$ from DX, didn´t know Manafont has those. Any reviews on those?

e: I could test capacity on UF 18350, can´t remember doing so.

yeah there is

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4241

I just got a pair of orange Ultrafire 1200ma 18350's the other day. Not sure how they compare to the flames. So far they work really nice in the L2m.

Thanks for linking.

Seems like UF´s are not that bad in capacity but can´t give as much amperage. Well, I draw only 1,4A mostly so they are fine for that...

yeah I think i'll save the 2 bucks and get the orange ones that you guys run..seem to have more capacity..

edit: but then again the trusties are protected..hmm with short runtime the shut off would likely save a cell or 2..

Hate to ask the Novice question - but what is the difference between a forward and reverse clicky?

Bonus Question- will these lights stock from Solarforce with XM-L factory installed pull a full 3 amps with a 18650 and (as Nicola Tesla would say) kick ass in high mode ?

reverse clicky - push tailcap switch - no light until you hear a click..most prefer it for multiple mode lights

forward clicky - push tailcap switch - light on without a click..it's great for momentary activation..

never tested a SF xml drop-in..if you want a sure bet get the ultrafire 3 mode (hi-med-low) drop-in..that's a beast

So , is the tailstand clicky a forward or reverse ?

the old one I have is a reverse..can't comment on the new one, but i'd put money on it being a reverse..

O.K. I found it . atbglenn mentioned it in another thread . Reverse . Good .

Got 706mAh out from UF 18350 when discharging down to 2,7V and by 1,0A current.

so got my L2m today..8 days (not business days) after ordering it (insane)..tried my 16340's..white solarforces would only manage 880 mah..grey trsustfires did 1550mah..my trustfire flames did 1750mah which is what I have my nanjg driver set at (1700mah)..so far so good..nice little host and reg size host also if I want to use 18650's..

Looks like they upgraded the L2M as well. Looks a lot better than the shiny black older version I have.

Fun little light. Does it still come with the extra tube for 18650 use?

Foy

I did not know L2m was upgraded but from pic I can clearly see the crown is either new or borrowed from L2P.
Logo is also new.
I believe these can only be bought as empty tube set, with extension OR as a ready made flashlight from s-sales.

Yes comes with the 18650 tube..the bezel is from my l2p..it comes with a sharp one so I replaced it..

I didn't like the stock bezel as well, so I put a B3 Stainless on both my L2 and L2m