New light, DBC-03 FINISHED! 6-2-16

The newer Trustfire 32650’s from Richard are not protected, they outperform the best 26650’s. I’m seeing 15.17A through it in this light now, after full tweaks top and bottom to allow the optimum current flow.

I also use 3 in series in my Trustfire TR-J20 with Triple 9V MT-G2 and it makes over 13,500 lumens on these, can’t do that on anything else. Heinrick hasn’t tested the newer 32650 yet, nor has he tested the Efest 4200m Ah 26650. These fat cells outperform the top Efests and Basen’s and every other 26650 I have, which is 8 different options.

That’s a sweet lookin light

Caution, thread de-rail… I owned a restaurant for 22 years in a building that is around 125 yrs old. I had an elevator that was apx. 100 yrs old in the building. Parts for the elevator are almost nonexistent. It had heavy copper contacts, about 2.5” in diameter, to carry all of the amperage to operate the 15hp motor. Large electro-magnets would pull the copper contacts together with carbon contacts, which caused the copper to pit and form a concave face on the contacts. Every so often I would remove all 7 of the copper contacts and grind/sand the back close to flat, covering me (face included) with copper dust. An electrician friend of mine told me one day that “those contacts are made of special copper that conducts electricity better, I think its called berryilum or something”. Perhaps I should update my life insurance policy!

BTW, great job on a nice heavy duty light Dale.

OR, you are not one of those susceptible to issue from contact with Beryllium and it’s not as lethal as the worry-warts would have us believe. Thing is, kinda like Poison Ivy… there are those that can break out in a rash from being in the smoke of someone burning off Poison Ivy, and there are those that can wade through it, pulling it by bare hand, and never even itch. Now, if someone doesn’t know which type they are, and it turns out they’re the smoke sensitive type, wading through Poison Ivy and pulling it by hand is gonna have em in a world of hurt!

Better safe than sorry, is what they’re trying to tell us. IF affected, the results are BAD.

(meanwhile, the clamor for beryllium springs lives on)

Just wanted to say… this thing is awesome. Maybe not practical, but still awesome.

Thanks MH, I appreciate it.

Seems like I don’t do a lot things in a practical way… :wink:

There are quite a few factory lights in similar dimensions, even with far lesser output. I have a Fenix E41 that takes 4 AA Alkaline cells that’s only marginally smaller than this one, creates a measly 1000 claimed lumens in burst mode with 400 on high. Even the low is off at 20 lumens. So yeah, I’ll take 4747 lumens in Turbo and 9 lumens in low by comparison, all day every day. :smiley:

48.4mm vs 44mm at the head. 133mm vs 116 in length. So it’s only marginally larger than the Fenix E41, packing a substantially larger punch.

At any rate, the SupFire M6 is larger, as are the bigger SRK soup can lights. The Courui D01 has a similar battery tube size but the big head makes it definitely not pocketable!

This one DOES fit in cargo short’s pocket, or a jacket pocket, albeit on the heavy side. lol

When I say practical… I just mean not EDC size practical. I mean honestly my Meteor isn’t practical most of the time, but I still take it on night walks and light up the trees just for the hell of it. Although I’ve been taking the Kronos lights outy quite a bit too. I love the X6… it’s way to heavy to carry for me at work, but it’s a nice taking-a-walk light. If anything like this was a reasonable price for a poor person like me, I’d buy it in a second. The design is awesome, as well as the heat sinking job.

I wish someone would make a Meteor-esque light that’s a thrower. If BLF could ever come up with a 400-600kcd production light under $200 I’d be all over it. I don’t know why I’m bringing this up in a thread about the ultimate home made soup can… but I’m just following a tangent. Anyway again… amazing work homie!

Wanting that mile for an inch of light… :wink:

You must be talking about the SS/Cu X6 being too heavy, the aluminum version is certainly not. An Eagle Eye X6 with a De-domed XP-G2 can be made to do some 100Kcd+, but man, 400-600? Yeah, that takes something in a different game. You’re gonna need to talk to MEM for that. :wink:

Oh no… I don’t buy lights based on practicality most of the time. And I was never interested in the aluminum version… I NEEDED a heavy stainless/copper light. I already have plenty of aluminum lights. And yeah… I know I’m just wishing on the thrower.

Quit wishing on the thrower, contact MEM about his D80’s… he’s really knocking it out of the park with this one!

Really nice work on this Dale! Love the machining! It's a super size tube light for sure, good match for the biggest cell.

A similar look can be found here: http://cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2116, but the "magicfire" is bigger and no where near as capable as yours. Interesting, the Magicfire appears to use a Shocker battery carrier.

I really like the revised tail end.

Hey neat Tom! Very similar, except it’s 2 piece instead of one robust tube. Well , and a few other things, but it does appear quite similar. :slight_smile: And yes, that does look like the BTU Shocker battery carrier. Didn’t the BTU come from China Quality Goods as well? Been a while since they were offered, but it’s feasible they still have carriers so it just makes sense to design a new light around em… nice find!

Yeah Hoop, I had to address that tail end, will probably have the top end looking better too when the brass comes in, if I don’t mess it up…. :stuck_out_tongue:

Finished DBC-03, got a piece of Architectural Bronze, (alloy 385) and cut a retaining ring for the optic. O-rings are in place, the retaining ring is installed with the friction of the final fitting on the lathe, all done.