new light / triple XP-L Mini Maglite

Hello. Just received a new custom light from a Forum member today. I’m checking with him to see if he would like his contact info posted. The light is (2) AA cell Mini Maglite cut down to run on one cell. It is now 3 3/4” inches in length. It is a triple XP-L V6 3C with a Carclo Optic. It produces 6.8A at the tailcap, and 6A after 30 seconds. 2100 OTF lumens! It runs on one IMR 14500 cell. I have mine programmed with ML, L, M, H, Turbo, beacon. This is one QUALITY offering, I could not be happier. With a collection approaching some 50 lights now, and 3 triples, this may be my favorite light, due to its size, and ability to make toast. Here are some pictures:

edit:screename of modder/seller is: kyfishguy

Congratulations, that is a very compact and goodlooking rocket! I like the colour too :-)

Mmmmm, grreeenn!

mmmm, toast! I like it. Does it feature a fet driver?

Ha, I don’t want to sound like I know what I’m talking about, cuz I don’t. Just relaying specs that were given to me. I was told the driver is this:

A17DD-S08 I think this is Wights? Is this a Fet?

I’m a Pro ‘end user’. I really like this light!

Yup that’s one of Wights fet drivers. Nice.

Beautiful!
I’ve long been a fan of kyfishguy’s work and followed his builds. Top grade stuff. I’m glad you got one of his builds l
Enjoy

Is this a twisty or side switch ?
Awesome light there!

Awesome. Yeah that color is pretty sic!

Noob question… How do you control all those modes???

Wow I bet it would make bacon too ..

i'm green with envy

Very nice. I love the look of the small Maglite.

Ok my EDC light is like yours but with 3 XPG-2 now i will make new one with 3 dedomed XP-L 2A

couple more pictures. The light has a twisty switch, very smooth. Just got a tip on some Windyfire IMR 14500 cells at Mountain. Richard says they are the best, and only $3. The brightness of this small light is insane. Plus many other very usable modes.

Yea, twisty switch … has memory. This green is a beautiful color, seems quite popular!

Toast!!! Dude, you crack me up. I tried one of those windyfire 14500s in a single XM-L2 micro I built and I got a half amp more than my best efest cell. Should be interesting to see if I can clear seven amps on my next XP-L triple micro build (with no flashy modes;->)!

By the way, I was having trouble compiling Richard's (RMM) STARstrobe firmware with Atmel 6.2. as it builds bigger than previous versions. Richard asked me what modes Patrick wanted, coded it up, compiled it, and sent me the Hex. Richard's good people.

Brian

THANK YOU RICHARD!

That is AWESOME! I want one.

The reflector/lens combination looks like a TIR/reflector combination. Carclo makes great solutions but this really looks high-tech. How about 2-3 beamshots for us? Something at about 10-20 feet perhaps?

What kind of a beam is it and what is it supposed to be for? Medium wide maybe?

Lastly - this is such a good light it seems it would be pretty expensive. It would be appreciated if any idea of the price could be given but since it is a custom/private light then it would be understandable if you did not wish to give any price information.

video of beam: ML, L, M, H, Turbo (not sure of the quality or accurate representation of the lumens by the video, but it’s fair I suppose.

The optic is the Carclo 10508 medium frosted modified by RMM to fit on the XP-L emitters. The ideas was pure flood and high lumens.

I don't think these are all that expensive considering the time I put into them. My recent sales threads should give you a ballpark figure.