New lights and technology for 2021

I would add, that both SST-20 and SST-40 should exist in 95CRI for 4500K, 5000K, 5700K as well.

Based on a talk with an insider person, BlueSwordM mentioned, that we will maybe expect some expansion, but that was quite a bit some time before, so I would greatly appreciate, if that would eventually happen soon from now.

I’d like some more 14500 lights on the market. Currently this niche seems widely neglected by manufacturers, and with the recent addition of new 1000mAh cells with high discharge rate, it seems like there are some new, unexplored possibilities.
An Olight Warrior Mini variation with 14500 (Warrior Micro?) and slightly toned down output, comparable to S1R II, plus a choice of non-green-tint emitter, sounds very good to me.

I hope to hear more news on Manker’s new electronic zoomie based on liquid crystal lens

+1 on this too! Lately, I really like EDC'ing the ThruNite T10TV2 CutleryLover with a 14500. It's almost perfect - compact size, takes abuse (titanium), nice pocket clip, looks great, decent tint w/NW XP-L (ok but should swap to something warmer, high CRI), pretty decent power.

I think some new ways of collecting and dispersing heat is the main item to be dealt with now. Leds and drivers have already out-paced this problem. One problem is to remove the heat without using the flashlight body. I hope to contribute something to this problem soon. :wink:
But this is an unproven attempt we will see soon.

Sounds amazing! Where did you hear about that?

Hank has relased the new Noctigon 9.3
It is an interesting flashlight:

From here Emisar 21700!!!

High Cri 9080 Leds XM and XP size < 2700k

2021 Flashlight should be more super efficient compare to its predecessor which mean vary from :

• Efficient driver
  • efficient thermal regulation
  • efficient new led
  • conservative and super energy save but yet powerful

probably there more, I’m based my guessing around of what we have had present flashlight…

Sweet! Do you have the 2000K KR4? It’s my favorite light

That new Noctigon looks good, like a 2020 upgrade of my treasured Old Lumens build.

I'm still wanting an Anduril driver that produces thunder audio in lightning mode. I've built the subwoofers for it!

Technically there is away to cool LED’s without directly just transferring it to the flashlight body but it would still have a thermal limit, If we used a peltier cooling pad and had that between the MCPCB and the flashlight body we could cool it dramatically but at the cost of power and a hotter flashlight body.

The peltier cooling pad essentially draws heat from one side and expelling on the other side and can get cold enough to freeze water that touches the surface.

I wonder if you could use thermoelectric cooling to drain the heat from the LEDs and pump the energy back into the battery cells

Wouldn’t that just cause the cells to explode ? with current draw the cells would be heating up due to thermal resistance from discharging same thing happens when charging a cell so if we could convert the heat energy back into the cells that would be dangerous…

Well, thermodynamics says that you can’t cool an object to absolute zero by extracting the energy and using it. That’s why it takes energy to cool the air in your house when it’s 100 degrees in the summer.

But that always seemed counterintuitive to me. Zero point energy? (:

I’m hoping for a 14500 light the size of the GT Micro with SBT90.2 or quad emitter to make use of those ultra powerful Shockli and Vapcell 14500 cells released this year.

I don’t think they can handle an SBT90.2 but a quad emitter 14500 light would be nice.

Sorry for the untimely reply, it’s from this post.

Wow that looks sweet! I remember reading about liquid lenses that are adjusted using a magnetic field decades ago. I’ve always wondered what happened to that technology