New Luminus SST-20 (3535 size)

It took me awhile to work out what was going on here. To early in the morning for these sort of tricks. Transportable leds. :slight_smile:

Any updates? I have killed exactly 14 sst-20s with chemical dedoming attempts, so far no success,BUT I’m getting close tho. prolbem is the bond wires are so darn delicate. I got 3 nice looking dedomes but with broken bond wires. Waiting on 10 more to arrive from china.

i have order some leds for s2+ triple, looklike dedoming this led is much harder than sst-40

Is shaving/slicing the dome not a better option then?

I haven’t gained much for first try.
I will measure tonight my second slicing.

Sounds like they are similar to SST 40 with delicate long bond wires. I gas dedomed one SST 40 successfully but killed several others by pulling bond wires. Unfortunately I think slicing is the most reliable way. But you have to slice very close to the die to get max luminance gains. The last SST 40s I did I sliced below the level of the bond wires, but left the silicone section right around the wires. It ended up looking like in this thread . I plan to do this with some SST 20s but haven’t had the time yet.

Hi, can the silicone left around the wires be seen from the beam pattern? Especially under aspheric?
Thanks

You wouldn’t see anything with a reflector, but you would see it with an aspheric.

I put a SST-20 6500K in a Luminus AAA Tool: (right)

Apparently one Lumintop is a clone, the left has a matt finish, is around 1.5mm shorter and use an other reflector.
left: Nichia 219B, right: SST-20

left: SST-20 (Its pure white, not greenish, hotspot looks larger.) right: Nichia 219B-V1 R9050 D220 (It has in reality more yellow than rose colour.)

I know comparing high-lumens with high-CRI LED’s is not right but i had no other similar hosts.

In case people didn’t see, maukka did some testing of the 70cri version.

Output vs current looks very similar to XPG2 S4, but with a lower Vf.

I received my triple SST20 3000K MCPCB + optics and put them in my S30RIII triple config. The beam is really nice, round, quite throwy.
The tint is really pleasant, too, and the warm color is great for indoor activities !

OnceI was sure that I liked it, I de-soldered the 3 emitters and try them in other hosts.
I put one in my Emisar D1, it does throw, the tint is nice but on Turbo it looks brownish…
I put another one in my D1S, sliced this time. It does throw, but there’s a strong corona around the hotspot. The tint is not so pleasant.
I think warm throwers are not my thing…

Maybe I’ll try 4 of them in my D4, for a nice tint and to improve the throw.

I wish they exist KD would sell them in 4k ish K with 95CRI.

It does exist in 4000k 95CRI.

It’s just that absolutely no store has them in stock. Absolutely none.

Yeah right, corrected :partying_face:

We must be glad that Ban (Kaidomain) is dedicated to get us those latest leds or we would not get our hands on them at all. It is a business opportunity for him but he is a flashaholic and I’m sure it is a matter of pride for him too.

Yeah, it’s quite incredible to get those newer emitters, I’m really glad Ban does this !
I mean, I can get 3 LEDs plus a triple Noctigon-like MCPCB plus a Carclo-like triple optics for less than 7 bucks… shipped !
Thank you BanL for those niche products you get us !

Thanks! It’s useful

Who are you and why are you here? Introduce yourself! You don’t seem to talk much. All five of your posts so far have been just a few words. Where are you from? Why do you like flashlights? :innocent:

Sometimes I don’t understand KD’a pricing, 3 LEDs with MCPCB is $6.99 and a single bare led is $3.19 and the discount for higher qtys is minimal…

Anyways I’m going to buy 2 triples to make a quad for my Amutorch AT40. (Carclo quad fits perfectly)

Hi friends

We get SST-20 4000K available in KD.

SST-20 J4 FB4 Neutral White 4000K
(remember to apply coupon code ‘newgrandkd’ to get 10% off discount) :smiley:

Enjoy

Ban

You promise if I order a couple of those, it will be CRI90 or higher? Money back guarantee?