New Maxtoch SN6X-2S XML2 thrower - quick review

Really bugs me it doesn't come with an AR lens - would give it a nice bump. I'd rather get an AR lens then that carry case...

Tom E …

Very impressed with your work on alot of lights - and will send a pm re these maxtochs. They are a company that actively seeks input from clients when designing lights and they’re in the process of doing a new lightweight SN6X-2S - an XML2-U2 that is light enough for scope mounted hunting use (25mm tube for standard rings and about 300gms). I have no business connection with the company but am happy to help companies develop new product ideal for my sport. I’d like to send you ideas under discussion for the new light on how we can maximise performance from a standard lightweight. Be good to get some of your design thoughts at this stage.

cheers Mike

Ok - I just associate quality (better budget, or a higher level of budget Smile) lights having an AR lens - this is usually true, and this light is a cut above the rest for sure, so the lack of an AR lens kind of stands out, at least for me. I know AR lens help, unless they are using some sort of high grade of glass I'm not familiar with. They will give a bump in lumens and in throw - maybe about 3%-6% typical in lumens, and even a higher pecentage in kcd for a thrower.

Slewflash, your’e mistaken on the 10” length being comparable to a 4D MagLite. It’s exactly the same length as a 2D MagLight. The 3D is 12 1/2” long. Don’t have a 4D, but according to MagLite it’s approx 14 1/2” long which would indeed make the MAXToch SN6X-2X a big light, if it were true. At 10” and 2D size it’s pretty decent and just 1/8” longer than a Solarforce M8.

I noticed this comment on the Aliexpress link. I wonder who the distributer is and what their prices are like?

“Australian customers please contact us for the information of Australian distributor. Thanks for your time”

Send maxtoch customer services an email - they are v good to deal with and will no doubt let you know pretty quickly:

amanda@maxtoch.cn

Cheap source / coupon for this? Ali price is $75 :frowning: