New member, looking for first quality light.

Gotta love the BLF A6 Special Edition. I bought two.

I do not own any of the Convoy models, but I have heard good things about them. Two good sources for them are:

For pocket carry, I suggest the Convoy S2+, either in red or blue.

When I first learned about Convoy, I figured the 8x7135 models were the way to go. I have become aware, however, that those get very hot in just a few minutes. Now I favor the lower powered models that feature 3* or 4*7135. In addition to running cooler, they also give you more practical (i.e., lower) medium and low modes.

Most NiMH cells lose roughly 0.5% charge per day, but so called low cell discharge cells lose almost no charge. Eneloop is LSD as are many others. If you stick to made in Japan, then you get good cells. Some Eneloop are made in China, cough cough. Some Duracell and Fujitsu are the same cells, some Amazon Basics too.

Regarding self defense, I have spoken to martial arts experts and the common message is to avoid getting into trouble in the first place. A flashlight is not a self defense tool. What are the chances you have the time to locate the light, pull it out, turn it on at high and not be stabbed? Best use it to light the area, and reveal danger, then stay away.

Olight S15. Cheap and good.