Hello to everyone,

Started my rechargeable history 25 years ago with AA Ni-Cds for a Walkman and then some Ds for torches. The filaments gave way to leds, the Ni-Cds became NiMhs and the chargers went from dumb to timed to intelligent. Now the new kid on the block is LSD.

My led torches are cheap no names but they do just fine for walking up mountains and the occassional trip underground. My Fuji Finepix camera takes 4 AAs and is very fussy about the quality of the batteries but runs just fine on LSDs like Panasonic. A trip up a mountain left me with a flat set of AAs: the spare set wouldn’t work at all and the second spare set only lasted a couple of pictures. I manged to take about 40 pictures - normally it’s three times that. LSDs fron now on!

I’ve yet to go Lithium as Nickel based batteries do the job for me. Next task is to turf out those alkaleaks from the remotes! :bigsmile:

Interesting, somehow overlooked the association between Panasonic and Sanyo. Even with eneloops being mentioned very frequently here.

When you refer to Panasonic LSD NiMH cells, are you referring to Eneloop cells?

My camera uses 2AA, I’m able to take about 150 pics spanning a few months, including setup times between pics with just white Eneloop NiMH.
Regular alkaline last for about 10 pictures spanning less than a fifth of a photo shoot. :smiley:

Also, Welcome! :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF, Benson! :party:

Share your pics if you care to.

Thanks for stopping by, Benson!

Welcome, Benson!

Welcome.

Let’s see how long your led torches stay cheap and no name…. :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF! Glad to have you here!

-Garry

Welcome to the forum Benson. LSD's do rock. Nice thing about making lights that can use them is that you can safely (relatively) give them away to pretty much anyone.

welcome to BLF Benson :beer: :beer:
and get ready to part with your money :bigsmile:

Hello Benson.

Thank you everyone for your greetings. When i referred to Panasonic lsds I meant the white label ones (750mAh AAA and 1900mAh AA) which seem very much like Eneloop clones. They and Duralock precharged are the only batteries I buy these days. On the road to Damascus…

I think I read on one of these threads that Panasonic bought the developer of Eneloops.

I’m not sure of the outside temperature when your nimhs failed on the mountain, but nimhs lose power at about 0 degrees C. The Eveready Ultimate Lithium disposables will operate down to about –40 degrees C. Alkalines down to about –18 degrees C.

Reference:

I generally keep my mountain walking to zero celcuis or above so my NiMh should be ok but yes, you are right, lithiums are the best for extreme temps. Wonder what they use on Everest where –20C is a balmy day!