【New Product】XTAR T2 pocket light

it;s pretty but ‘spensive’.

I think people need to get past the dual-chemistry thing with this light. The battery isn’t made to be hot-swappable. It’s built-in, which to me is inline with the Rovyvons, Jetbeam Mini-One, Nitecore Tiki, Astrolux K2, etc. The UI is certainly different, but doesn’t take long to get used to.

The Skilhunt E2A is a very different animal: larger, tail clicky, no charging, but you do get a few emitter choices. Here’s a pic comparing it to the Skilhunt E2A (among others):

some of the old [5+ years ago] XTARs had a dual chemistry, li-ion 16340, and lithium primary CR123

{WK-42 was a light i had from them that did this…}

when the light first powered up, it would decide what the cell was

3.5V and up meant 16340, 3.2V meant CR123

if it was a CR123, then there would be no over-discharge protection

if 16340, then it would turn off at 3V

it was pretty slick

but if you happened to start with a discharged 16340, under 3.5V, it would not work, it would think ‘oh here is a CR123’, and it would allow discharge to zero

minor drawback

{also it did not have to deal with AA, AAA, nimh, alkaline, 1.5v, etc, since it was just sized physically for CR123 size cells}

wle

Arrived mine, beautiful torch good UI and nice color of body and led. There is the xtar quality.

Agreed. I’m really liking mine. I find I’ve been carrying it by choice even though I don’t like the cool-white LED. I think once I’m done writing my review, I might try an LED swap and this could easily be part of my daily carry.

My review is now available:

About that emitter swap… In the words of Layne Staley: Don’t Follow. Things did not end well.