New single emitter 4x18650 light at DX (APEX 5T6 lookalike)

Thanks relic. Has anyone tested the drive voltages at the emitter (MTG2) while under load with those drivers? I browsed for the answer a while back and couldnt find one, only the assumption of higher voltages. I should have posed the question at the time. Sorry if I missed that before.

Is also possibile to insert a battery 26650 or 32650? Clearly adding in the bottom a cruise to the negative

I measured right around 6V at 4A or so, when on a power supply. I think at 5A it was 6.2V. I didn’t take an exact measurement though.
Since my 4x18650 light like this draws 15A+, I’m not going to bother to try the 26650 thing. I will say that it fits but you need something in the tail end to get the negative end to contact the spring(s).

yes…
Someone need to make it happen!
I would buy one… Dont even need emitter in mine. I would buy it as a host too, only with empty contact board… And preferably in grey or black…

i got 6.25V at a lower current (3.5A? can’t remember…its in the SVD7 thread) but I imagine you have better test equipment. either way, i think its safe to say it doesn’t go up much more than .25V

drivers to add to that list are the driver match used in a mini-maglite w/ mtg2 and the 9A (for sst-90…less w/ mtg2) driver I used in the SVD7. I also tried one or two others. I think its safe to say that most buck drivers will work, but eventually I hope to test some of these at the end of cell discharge to see which ones need less ceiling voltage (if that’s the proper term… :Sp )

Thanks for posting your results and for the great advice. I look forward to seeing which drivers ultimately reign supreme (pending PilotPTK’s touted driver).

Has anyone decided to be the UltraFire 1226 guinea pig yet?

I can't put that much money into a light just to turn around and have to mod it, not with my poor skills. But, however, if this were to be upgraded to a 3 mode NW via organised purchase or group buy I would definitely be interested!

There are other shops that will have this light in stock soon. I’m willing to wait until there is more competition in the market for this light and then see who wants to do a deal on a host.

Update. I have just asked Fasttech if there interested in offering us a group buy. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I know.

At Lightmalls: $52

http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-1-cree-xm-l-t6-5-modes-protable-led-flashlight-torch-with-1800-lumens-4-18650-batteries

Are there other large reflectored 4 x 18650 lights available? This one is still looking really good.

Barring the release of an unforseen light, this will be my next big purchase.

I am going to wait until Fast Tech gets it so it will be easy to return if it is a disappointment. I like the idea but risky for me. I was also intrigued by this for the same price , I don't havea SRK or APEX yet.

http://www.lightmalls.com/portable-sky-ray-3xt6-king-3xcree-xm-l-t6-5-modes-led-flashlight-4x18650

If youre in the US and need to return product purchased from DX, you can send it back to their Florida location (not HK) and they will reimburse you for the postage. Does FT and lightmalls offer the same?

I do like that SRK with a carrying handle.

Fast Tech has a FL location and I have returned a light there. I want to buy the SRK with the handel but I am concerned about the amount of variation in SRK's out there. I am also a tint snob, cant stand the purplish tints. So I have a decision to make!

I've just found it on Ali express for 44 and change. Just FYI :-)

Everything else being the same except having an extra handle?

And 5 modes?

in black, and it has a charger port

just for the pics
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sun-zy-t20-xml-t6-light-beads-waterproof-high-power-searchlight/1138339969.html

cheaper
http://wallbuys.com/Product/SmallSun-ZY-T20-CREE-XM-L-T6-1000-LM-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-Black-4x18650—9594

+cheaper

So black is a plus, but what’s up with the weird dual stage heavy frosted/orange peel reflector? You have a light with a rather large head and a single emitter, great combination for throw. But then they give it a beam profile that looks like my 5x XML Apex 5t6/solarstorm at a fraction of the output. What’s the point?