New 'SolarForce L2P Forward Tailstand Clicky' AND 'MF Ultrafire 3Mode Drop in' are INCOMPATIBLE !!!

I think they are listening to flashlight die-hards and trying to create a "tactical" light. But I really only like a forward clicky in a 1-mode light (or if it changes modes somehow other than the clicky) and I like modes, so I'm not ordering the new L2p even though I really like the blue one (though not the price increase). That isn't stopping anyone: sbflashlights says they have sold all of their incoming blue lights before they have even received them.

Some lights come with a forward clicky and a reverse one. So I hope the blue tailcap allows an easy swap. The problem is that in the past Solarforce hasn't made tailcaps in any color but black.

Brted you are right, forward only works good in 1 mode lights. Since I like modes reverse is my choice (combined with famous MF XML 3mode). I also wonder why they no longer produce silver l2i. IT was one of the best looking lights ever. I only got one but I would like at least 2 more because they are so good looking and nice to hold in hand. Blue L2p looks nice too. I'm tempted!

My own feelings toward forward clickies has softened a bit since I've introduced some of them into my EDC rotation. After getting over the intial discomfort of the light coming on immediately, I've found I sometimes like momentary-on with a soft press. With a nice, tight UI, unwanted mode change hasn't been a real problem.

Also, Solarforce is notoriously fast and loose with the facts (and spelling/diction/syntax . . .) on their site. I actually offered to help them clean it up if they would hook me up with ??? Basically, Solarforce is unaware that Foy exist and it is pretty much a one sided love affair, kinda like the dreamy infatuations I had in high school.

notfeelintheloveFoy

Pretty sure no one else has asked for a peel and stick 8 foot Solarforce logo to put on their garage door other than the FOY.

Who else has killed algae in their pool with solarforce flashlights ?

Who else has solarforce lights over the pool tables in his bar ?

Who else do you know with a Solarforce Tatoo?

They don't know who they are messing with ...

That's great Boaz. I laught a lot about the picture.

Hahaha, you guys are great! Foy, I think you should get so much credit for all your contributions!

I had some flickering problems in L2m (with extension) with KD 2,8A driver (has short spring).

Tried to stretch it longer and broke driver apart from pill, self soldered..........

So, soldered it back and figured out, that my Two-Way-clip was keeping the head and dropin a bit further away from cell.

Removed clip, head screwed more down and no more contact losses! :)

Using Xtar 18700, so cell is not too short...

Can anyone tell, where to get goob springs for drivers? I could use one or two.

My 3 mode uf drop in doesn't work properly with my l2t but works fine with my l2p with an s3 tailcap which is forward also..weird

I will send you a reverse clicky for an L2P switch.

PM me your address.

Oh man . . . come on; there's gotta be somebody here with more Solarforce lights than me.

And, what is Solarforce? Why are they different? Are they different?

knowstheanswerFoy

I received an answer from Solarforce -- they said:

"For our Soalrforce 3 mode bulb, it easy to use, it just using Clikcy on (don't press fully, just half press), , you can chnace mode one by one without any problem until you select the one you want click it full to lock it

Please use this method , it will work"

Umm - I tried that. And yes, I told them it was an Ultrafire module, not SF. Regardless, I went ahead and swapped switches with my reverse-clicky L2r (not a perfect swap, but I wanted to see if it would work better). The drop-in does work much better with the reverse clicky, but it still occasionally will skip a mode when the switch "clicks." This is looking like a problem with the module more so than with the switch, it is just too sensitive. Would it be possible to add a capacitor to the driver to make it a little less sensitive?

Any other ideas?

This is the response I got today:

"Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and nice to have a chance to serve you

For now all click for L2P are upgrade to forward clikcy now

For change mode sucessfuly, you don't need to press it in full, just clicky soft not till the end and you can change mode very easily for the new forward clicky

thanks for your order once more

If you have any questions, pelase email us we will answer you shrotly

Regards

JO

Sales Team"

It seems like an extra polite way to dismiss a valid complaint and a request for a reverse internal switch.

Funny, she called the forward clickie an "upgrade."

I have to say; I prefer the L2P switch from two "upgrades" ago - before they changed to the smaller 14mm boot and now, it seems, to a forward clickie.

oldschoolFoy

I HATE that they have gone to forward clicky!!! I ordered an L2T last month and it was the reverse clicky tailstanding one, and I LOVE it!! Now they don't even list it on their site anymore, only the forward version! And all of their replacement switches are forward clicky! It's such a PITA to switch modes with forward, i can't stand it. Guess i won't be ordering any more lights from them until they realize they've made a mistake. Don't they realize people have different opinions and want different options??

I'm still waiting for my Solarforce L2P which I purchased 4 Nov. I've already received my UF 3-mode from MF and the batteries and charger. I recon I will have the same problem as you guys

I will let you know my findings when I receive the L2P.

Since I'm still waiting more than 3 weeks now for my L2P to arrive I cannot confirm fully that mine is a Forward Clickie, but I received confirmation from Jo today that all 2011 version L2P's are Forward Clickies. The L2's are apparently Reverse Clickies.

Any idea where I can purchase good Reverse Clickie internals for the L2P tailcap?

I can confirm now, my L2P also has a Forward Clicky. I'm using the L2P with the Manafont UltraFire 3-mode XM-L T6 drop-in and TrustFire Flames, and the flashlight doesn't change modes when I shake it and functions properly as a Forward Clicky should. I'll change the forward clicky out to a reverse clicky soon.

Fixed!

I replaced the forward clicky switch with one of thses reverse clicky switches from Manafont: http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/replacement-tailcap-switch-for-501b502b-10pcsset-p-6077

I had to slightly enlarge the opening in the plastic retainer (I just enlarged it by hand using a drill bit) and I wrapped some foil around the perimeter of the switch before pushing it into the retainer. I left the foil just a little bit wider than the switch so that it would stick out and contact the aluminum hold-down washer. It worked so well that I promptly made the same mod to my L2T. I'm just not a fan of the forward clicky.

We should all sign a letter or something to Solarforce asking them to please change it back to reverse or offer both options or something. Reverse is the way to go for multi-mode lights.

I somewhat prefer a reverse clicky, but there is nothing wrong with having a multi-mode light with a forward clicky. You just need to select the mode you want before you do a full click, nothing difficult about that.