New? Stainless Steel XML light and more... added 5 mode

To be fair, generally speaking the price doesn't increase because of affiliate referrals. They absorb those costs through the increase in traffic/sales. Of course, it's still advertising, but it's not a fixed cost you can include in the product price. The whole point is to drive traffic there with the sole intent of making a purchase. They only pay when a sale is made. Traditional advertising will you cost regardless if anything sells so you obviously try to recoup those costs as much as you can. By only paying when something sells that drastically reduces your marketing costs.

I don't like them because too many people use them for "spamming" (I'm not talking about you nor about fran, just about what I've seen out there, not only here @BLF). Matt (aka old4570), for example, don't use them (AFAIK). He buys many lights and makes reviews. So with referrals we can help him making more reviews. But if someone just put links day after day... well, just my 2 cents, guys, don't get me wrong, referrals shouldn't be eliminated from BLF, of course. This is only my personal judgment, if someone really deserve these points or not, I will use that referral link or not. And BTW, I use fran's links too, but not all of them (no te ofendas, fran, no es nada personal ;) pero tras ver tanto abuso en tantas web por ahi (hablo en general), prefiero evitarlos, incluso aqui)

You need not worry what I think of others. I'm addressing you.

As previously stated, my position is one of full disclosure. This was not forthcoming in your case, and that was the issue at hand.

Please feel free to continue this discussion via PM, in your choice of languages, should the desire arise.

@Chicago X

Is not neccesary to continue the discussion via PM or any other way, because you, me and other persons have given our point of view (our opinion), and is not neccesary to say anymore...

[quote=fran82]

@CathastropiX

Do you really know how a referral system works? Please, read about the referral systems before talking.

[/quote]

Of course I know how they works, I spotted your modified links didn't I?

I know the price is the same, like I wrote earlier, the cost is included in the price.

And once again, let me assure you NOTHING is free, remember that.

There are numerous affiliate websites with the sole purpose of making money, not helping people find nice items. I hope BLF not becomes one of them.

you come off as a regular user who has found some lights and posted , yes it saves me time too.

but since you are misrepresenting basically, you need to put this in the commercial sellers spot

I'll ALWAYS use referral links to assist those I respect. I dont care if someone imbeds their own into product links and Id call that a damn good idea! By design, it brings business to both parties involved. In fact, we should create a thread that shows all referral links and codes for anyone that would like to participate. If you really need to question why distributors create such programs and push them so hard, then you really know absolutely nothing about purchase incentives and consumer advertising to create higher sales volumes. Its how high volume sales from marketing and advertising work in this world. Incentives are simply another tool designed to put money in the pockets of the distributor... not take away from them. Links to marketing and referrals can be found by the thousands on google for anyone that cares to learn more.

OLD4570 is my man of the week for outstanding service to this community. Please feel free to paypal him some green-backs, use his incentive codes or the PM system to donate. Please read this thread to know more.

and now back to our original thread and topic of conversation:

Mr Admin should be getting free lights from DX,KD,MF,CNQG,DD etc because I have spent a shite load of $$$$ because of this site.

LOL.............(but true)......

Unsubscribed...

They forgot to add those the other day. I update the first post to add them:

The Stainless steel BUT 5 modes instead of 3 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-270-t60-xml-t6-5-mode-6700k-460-lumen-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-93158?r=43033281

The Ak t60 in 3 mode version http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-ak-t60-xml-t6-3-mode-6700k-600-lumen-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-93157?r=43033281

I ordered the 3 mode over a week ago. No sign of DX doing anything with the order yet.

Stainless steel is a poor choice for a high output LED - heat is going to be a problem with this one unless they've done something clever. But I like stainless lights. Runtime tests will probably have to be done under water - assuming it doesn't leak...

Don, as I have read, it happens with most the items DX adds in the "new arrivals" lists.... they become really available in about 1 week or a bit more (sad)

About the runtime test, yes, underwater, or at least, put the head just below a small "cascade" of water (in the sink, or whatever...) it helps a lot...

However, if it really is regulated to 3amps, the runtime will not be enormous...

Is it my imagination or are all of the budget manufacturers starting to produce far more 50mm+ headed lights of late?

Maybe, but I think is more "marketing" than other thing.... maybe they think that flashlights with more head diammeter will sell more....

Received the 3-mode UF 270-T60 today. Acually I think it really is stainless. Well machined, lubed threads.

Reflector is OP, not smooth. Strobe is slow, not fast.

Pulls 2,75A @ 4.11v from grey Ultrafire on high, "low" pulls 1,25A.

Gets warm really fast, a great handwarmer ;-)

2,75A from a gray Ultrafire.... have you got better cells? maybe it is trully regulated to 3A, but 2,75A is a good sign

Did you like the UF 270?