New? Stainless Steel XML light and more... added 5 mode

No prob, use the referral money and get new flashlights and report here. If not i’d nt know of new lights though.

Yeah, no big deal because he provides comments in addition to the links and obviously participates in the community since he has nearly 1,000 posts. And I assumed the referral payments were pretty small. DX can't afford to pay out that much for $18 flashlights and $0.99 do-hickies :D

Hi guys! It is time for me to talk

I am not the only person who use referrals in his links in this forum.

I will not write the names/nicknames...

Even I have seen a post talking to help a member of the forum with his manafont referral system to redeem products for making reviews of them.... not necesary to explain more...

Referrals does not cost you anything.... You will not pay anything.... With the referral system I dont earn money, I earn points and then with the points I can redeem products, but dont beleive that the referral system is an easy thing to get a lot "money" or whatever.... it takes moonths.... it takes tiiime... and effort. And the DX referral system is one of the worst among the Chinese resellers. Is so bad that you can see in DX forums many complaints about it. DX is going to change the referral system because it has many bad things...

AH! the person who post referrals links does not earn points just only by the "views" of the link, not by the "clicks" of the links... Points are earned ONLY if somebody who clicked the link buys the item... and many other factors.... so dont worry

And as many people says, dont worry, DX referral system is very bad. It takes a lot of time and effort to "earn" something.

Yes I have used the points earned to do reviews of flashlights, chargers, etc... Most of the items I have reviewed here (not all) have been paid using the points, or points + my cash. (As other well known forum members, I will not say anything more...)

Hope all the people who have posted any complaint in this thread about my links and my referrals also will do in other people´s threads who use the same "trick".

Have a nice day!

Hi all, I've just joined Coolhave a (dull) question: what's the difference between UltraFire 270-T60 and UltraFire C6-T60 at DX? Seem to me almost the same except colour. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

One is stainless steel one is anodize aluminum. First one has no knurling the other one has knurling. C6-T60 is 3mm thicker than 270-T60.

I'm only saying the obvious here. Rest is weight , color of the o-rings, ... price.

Thanks for reply. If C6 is thicker, does it mean that has better heatsinking? Which one of these two is better?

Aluminum is better for heatsinking.

the steel one althrough very appealing along with subpar heatsinking is an excellent pocket hole maker. Who likes a half a Kg flashlight in pocket? Probably best for mil-spec grade nylon holsters kevlar reinforced.

Probably one of the toughest smaller bright flashlights out there.

You should probably just worry about your own "trick," as you put it.

Your immediate reply to the revelation of referrals is one of sharing blame - "Look!!! They are doing it too !!!" This does NOTHING to help out your position.

I really don't care if it's a penny, a dollar, or a thousand kumquats...as a matter of principle, you should have disclosed the fact that you receive compensation for your postings, or ASKED the membership to use your referral number.

Your further reply leaves no doubt that you knew that your behaviour was not on the up-and-up, and you try to mitigate the fact by downplaying the amount received.

I'm not big on sneaky.

Of course they cost something, nothing is for free, there's always someone who pays.

The cost of referrals is included in the price of the items. No referrals cost=lower price (unless of course the price remains the same for larger profits)

I don't mind you earn some extra points, it's the way you do it by posting new products like it's some kind of "innocent information service" to us I don't like.

Of course it's new, it's on DX New Arrivals.

Why don't you just say "If your going to order this, use my link and by doing that you will help me earn points"

Some may like that, some may not...

Frankly I don't understand all that crying about using referral ids in product links.

fran82 has helped me to spot some nice new products at DX, and I'm fine giving him some referral points. Other people have helped me to choose a good light, why not "thank" them by buying the recommended product through a referral link?

Personally, I have been adding referral ids to some of my reviews / posts (and earned about $1 worth of points, oh yeah!). If you like my help, you are free to click those links. If not, feel free to ignore the link, or remove the ref id from the link.

However, if the majority of forum members dislike the referrals, I'll stop using them. Maybe we need a poll, and update the forum rules accordingly? Rules should clearly state if referrals are ok, or forbidden.

First of all, sorry if I wrote an error or something because English is not my natal language...

@Chicago X:

When I said that other people do the same I was talking about the fact that.... if you dont like what I am doing, then you also have to dislike what they also are doing, and talk to them about the issue in their posts.... because it can be called "hypocrisy" the fact that you only dislike me and not the others.

And dont talk again about "my position", because it makes me laugh...

@CathastropiX

Do you really know how a referral system works? Please, read about the referral systems before talking.

Please:

Click this link with referral and see the price:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-270-t60-cree-xm-lt6-3-mode-1200lm-led-white-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-93265?r=43033281

Now click the same link without the referral and see the price:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-270-t60-cree-xm-lt6-3-mode-1200lm-led-white-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-93265

WOW! the price is the same!!!!

So referrals does not cost you anything.

Again, when using referrals, I only earn points if somebody who clicked the link BUY the item. I dont earn nothing only by "clicking" the link.

Then, if you dont like "the way I do it by posting new products like it's some kind of innocent information service" , please report the same in other user´s post, because doing that in my posts and not in the other´s post I consider it as an "attack" to me.

Hope you understand, folks...

Now, to conclude. If I am not wrong, putting referrals in the links, or posting new products, is not a "violation" of the rules here at budgetlightforum. (Please MrAdmin correct me if I am wrong) .

So I dont understand why this "attack" to me, and again, taking into account that I am not the only person who does the same.

Have a nice day!

To be fair, generally speaking the price doesn't increase because of affiliate referrals. They absorb those costs through the increase in traffic/sales. Of course, it's still advertising, but it's not a fixed cost you can include in the product price. The whole point is to drive traffic there with the sole intent of making a purchase. They only pay when a sale is made. Traditional advertising will you cost regardless if anything sells so you obviously try to recoup those costs as much as you can. By only paying when something sells that drastically reduces your marketing costs.

I don't like them because too many people use them for "spamming" (I'm not talking about you nor about fran, just about what I've seen out there, not only here @BLF). Matt (aka old4570), for example, don't use them (AFAIK). He buys many lights and makes reviews. So with referrals we can help him making more reviews. But if someone just put links day after day... well, just my 2 cents, guys, don't get me wrong, referrals shouldn't be eliminated from BLF, of course. This is only my personal judgment, if someone really deserve these points or not, I will use that referral link or not. And BTW, I use fran's links too, but not all of them (no te ofendas, fran, no es nada personal ;) pero tras ver tanto abuso en tantas web por ahi (hablo en general), prefiero evitarlos, incluso aqui)

You need not worry what I think of others. I'm addressing you.

As previously stated, my position is one of full disclosure. This was not forthcoming in your case, and that was the issue at hand.

Please feel free to continue this discussion via PM, in your choice of languages, should the desire arise.

@Chicago X

Is not neccesary to continue the discussion via PM or any other way, because you, me and other persons have given our point of view (our opinion), and is not neccesary to say anymore...

[quote=fran82]

@CathastropiX

Do you really know how a referral system works? Please, read about the referral systems before talking.

[/quote]

Of course I know how they works, I spotted your modified links didn't I?

I know the price is the same, like I wrote earlier, the cost is included in the price.

And once again, let me assure you NOTHING is free, remember that.

There are numerous affiliate websites with the sole purpose of making money, not helping people find nice items. I hope BLF not becomes one of them.

you come off as a regular user who has found some lights and posted , yes it saves me time too.

but since you are misrepresenting basically, you need to put this in the commercial sellers spot

I'll ALWAYS use referral links to assist those I respect. I dont care if someone imbeds their own into product links and Id call that a damn good idea! By design, it brings business to both parties involved. In fact, we should create a thread that shows all referral links and codes for anyone that would like to participate. If you really need to question why distributors create such programs and push them so hard, then you really know absolutely nothing about purchase incentives and consumer advertising to create higher sales volumes. Its how high volume sales from marketing and advertising work in this world. Incentives are simply another tool designed to put money in the pockets of the distributor... not take away from them. Links to marketing and referrals can be found by the thousands on google for anyone that cares to learn more.

OLD4570 is my man of the week for outstanding service to this community. Please feel free to paypal him some green-backs, use his incentive codes or the PM system to donate. Please read this thread to know more.