New: Sunwayman F40A 4xAA

It’s really Nitecore’s design. They also started the trend of putting multi-colored LEDs on their products. This product just looks like a Nitecore-ized D40A. Not that I’m knocking Nitecore. It’s just that I’ve been a big SWM fanboy and I’ve generally liked their unique designs.

SWM got it from Nitecore.... but, Way before Nitecore, that type of tailcap came on Spark SD52 (2AA only), it's not a Nitecore concept.

It's belonging to their Falcon line up, which means they include red and blue leds.

So many multi-colored blinky lights are coming out now. Will we see a “Police” version soon?

These kind of 4AA lights are too short to hold comfortably and switch on and off for me (I’ve owned 3 of them).

The PA40 and E40 etc are nicer becuse they fill my palm and don’t feel awkward to hold.

But someone really needs to make a PA40 type 4AA light with a side switch.

if they just use single reflector maybe i will reconsider buy it :wink:

My first thought: this will turn any car into a police car :smiley:

Those ew buttons look promising, wasn’t a fan of the mushy domes on the D40A

The buttons on the D40A don't feel mushy at all, at least to me they don't. That said, the new buttons do look better

Didn’t think of that but yes, I would be interested in that too! I wonder if a straight swap of IR for red and UV for blue would work? Differing forward voltages etc.

I wonder if it’s any reference to Operation Falcon, or even less likely a homage to the Ford Falcon once popular with the Australian Police, a la the XB Falcon Mad Max Interceptor.

Something tells me Australia is not on their minds, nor Operation Falcon, or the Interceptors, Mad Max may be though but I doubt it…

And Falcon started in the US, the early Aussie Falcons XK - XT have a direct US counterpart (there are 2 door XR/T in the US). From XW on, they became more unique to Australia, although still running American Clevo and Windsor V8s. The Aussie six is based on the US variant, from early 221 to the later 250. I think the Xflow 250 was an Australian improvement though, not sure though. However, with the exception of changes to accommodate Xflow, they are still the older 1v/2v I6.

I wonder if the buttons are interchangeable?

The size of the little metal plate around the buttons looks to be the same!

If so, it would be nice if they could sell them separately. (Button set)

$73 at Banggood.

That would be nice. I'd settle if we can get the replacement stock membrane switch cover if ours should end up cracking in the distant future. Mine's holding up well, unlike the crappy Nitecore EA4 switch boot.

IMO sunwayman already won the battle of the mini 4 AA lights, beating the jetbeam and nitecore ea4 (ive owned all of them)

i guess this is to compete with the RGB type lights that nitecore is releasing? (cm and srt series)

if it has the same ui as the d40a and you want color leds - this might be a good buy for you :slight_smile:

That would be great. Then I would have to eventually buy both!

今日は

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I will certainly be purchasing one. Thanks!

Exactly what I thought When I first saw this light. Would really dress up the D40A.

x10