【New】The Coolest Flashlight For 2016 – Lumintop Prince Flashlight (Carbon Fiber)

If they didn’t they would collapse under their own weight, like a fabric, your photos would be less beautifull, the epoxy is what keeps the fiber together, the amount of epoxy is frugal (that’s why you can measure conductivity) to keep the weight down but you would have no strucural integrity without it. (check out Gitzo fabrication process if the logic behind my words doesn’t impress you)

/end of off topic for me

Let’s throw some oil into the fire (Dutch proverb) :smiling_imp:
Conductivity of carbon

BTW: the best conductors of all are carbon nanotubes, but these are still in an experimental stage.
And beware of fishing, especially with a carbon-fiber fishing rod, in a thunderstorm.

And the SS Prince is the best looking version IMHO.

What a nice “Copperbunny” ! :blush:

Those are some nice lights, looking good.

I’ve seen a lot of CF product that has an epoxy layer on the outside for gloss, hence “coating”. I know the fiber weave is high pressure embedded with epoxy, just like G10 laminate or linen micarta only with sheets of carbn weave. The monopod and tripod legs don’t have the outer glossy coating, which would damage more easily.

Are these lights coated in that manner or is the outside surface the last layer of carbon weave?

Diamond is NOT an electrical conductor! It is, however, the best thermal conductor, so it would work very well for your heatsink. :wink:

Thank you David, thermal yes, electrical no, and my DMM agrees with you. :wink: (wife would have freaked to see me connecting her engagement ring to my DMM!) :smiley:

Edit: Now that begs the question, WHY? Diamond is pure carbon, or am I remembering something wrong there too? “Diamond is the most concentrated form of pure carbon in the natural world and the strongest mineral on Earth, far exceeding other carbon allotropes such as graphite and fullerite.” “According to the Natural Museum of History, diamonds conduct heat five times faster than copper, can pass or block electrical currents and endure extreme temperatures and chemical exposure.” “synthetic diamonds have opened the possibility of applying them to microchips and semiconductors”

I like
I am in :slight_smile:

Interesting facts about diamonds

The electrical resistivity of most diamonds is on the order of 1011 to 1018 Ω·m. The exception is natural blue diamond, which gets its color from boron impurities that also make it a semiconductor. Synthetic diamonds doped with boron also are p-type semiconductors. Boron-doped diamond may become a superconductor when cooled below 4 K. However, certain natural blue-gray diamonds that contain hydrogen are not semiconductors.

Phosphorus doped diamonds films, produced by chemical vapor deposition, are n-type semiconductors.

Alternating boron-doped and phosphorus-doped layers produces p-n junctions and may be used to produce ultraviolet emitting light emitting diodes (LEDs).

It looks like they all share the same copper battery tube? Click on the link in the OP and there's a picture of the SS disassembled. Copper tube.

All this talk about carbon conductivity made me curious about the material that the carbon sleeve wraps around. I know carbon fiber is conductive and when in contact with certain metals will cause severe corrosion.

In the aviation world carbon fiber has to be isolated or insulated from aluminum or the aluminum will turn to dust pretty quick.

I'm pretty sure carbon fiber has no effect on copper so it's all good or it's all Noble

Brass tube, gold, not orange like copper.

Geesh. I’m sorry. My memory failed me yet again. The tube does look to be copper. I would have sworn when I studied it originally that the tube was brass for the strength in the threads, really makes no sense for the softer copper to be used for threads, but sure looks like that is the case.

Sorry about that.

Yeah I was kinda on the fence about it being copper or brass but it sure looks like copper in that picture.

Nice looking, will the price be reasonable?

I like the clip …

that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Love the high tech material and cool looking Lumitop lights.

Has anyone seen a price yet? Wondering….

What about titanium carbo-nitride (black) or titanium nitride (gold) for the clips on the copper and brass lights?

Not bad!

Where did you find that out? Which version?

I like the look and the bling… but i agree the clip is out of place except on the SS one.
At that price point i expect NW, high CRI, moon mode, no PWM…

In fact i’d prefer a AA or AAA edition.

I want one of each.