【New TLF WK03 Golden release】

I ordered one! (Through the AliExpress store.)

With a store coupon and a small ‘coins-discount’ it (only) costed € 20,63 (EU VAT/Tax included) and for that price I think it is great value for money: a unique color, 519A LED, (extra) magnetic tailcap and an included battery!

Looking forward to recieve it; I’m curious how the color will look in real life!

I ordered one for 20.66 €.
After a few minutes I get in my coin discount finder offer to purchase it for 16.86 € but I have already buy it for higher price :slight_smile:

Looks orange to me.
(Yes, I have calibrated monitor)
Mike

Well… Golden and orange lay not that far one from another. It may be just a matter of one’s imagination.

I can see it’s golden :nerd_face:

Then check your profiles. On my calibrated monitor it definitely appears “golden” (or a very yellow orange). :slight_smile:

Ordered for 17.18 GBP direct from Wurrkos website.
AliEx was going to be 20.11 GBP incl VAT

Chris ( UK)

By definition, something golden needs to look like gold. Does it look like gold?

LOL

Well Golden Showers isn’t exactly Gold colored but somehow
“Different Shades of Yellow or Orange Showers” just doesn’t roll off the tongue, or back, or wherever.
So we are stuck with Golden Showers. 100’s of Pron titles can’t be wrong.
McDonalds Golden arches aren’t exactly Golden either so there ya have it.

1 Thank

Something about this reply sounds gross.

2 Thanks

When I Google the RGB code that Wurkkos has provided, it does show up as ‘Gold (metallic)’. That doesn’t say much how it will actually look “in real life”, but at least the itention was to create a golden flashlight! :smile:

3 Thanks

I’m surprised nobody has reported having one in hand yet. I ordered direct from Wurkkos at the release, so don’t expect to see it for another 2 -3 weeks due to CNY, but it was offered on Amazon probably 24 hours later…for the same price. Hmfff. Unique enough to be worth the price for something I probably won’t use for anything other than a curio.

Arrived today … “Golden”

Very nice with no green tint … I’m very pleased.

6 Thanks

It truly is golden.

Meanwhile I also recieved my ‘Golden’ WK03 and so far I really like it!

Simple UI, but sometimes that is a nice change too, instead of (very) ‘complicated’ UI’s all the time. I certainly like the used 5000K 519A; my first thought was that is felt as pretty ‘cool white’, but after using the flashlight a bit I actually like the nice and neutral tint and as weklund already stated: no (noticable) green tint!

So all in all a nice value for money, certainly if you regard the fact that the 3000mAh battery and magnetic tailcap are included. It also is still pretty bright on Turbo, when I compare it to it’s (almost) “identical twin” from Sofirn (the SC18), which has a slightly brighter (cool white) SST-40, but the 519A is superior in almost every way, certainly when you have them side by side.

So yeah, very happy with it; a straight forward/no-nonsense and compact (18650) flashlight, which is great for every day use in and around the house!

3 Thanks

Mine showed up yesterday, and I totally concur with all your sentiments. The emitter seems to be a more ‘rosy’ bin than the one in my FC11, very pleasant. The beam profile is excellent with the smooth reflector, with no discernable artifacts. Great value.
Thanks to OP for sharing this offering.

2 Thanks

Mine came with a TIR optics. Did you get to reflector by default?

Mine came with TIR as well.

2 Thanks

Ha! I didn’t even notice that. It’s so clear I thought it was a standard reflector. My eyes aren’t so good anymore. One reason I shy away from modding.

2 Thanks

I don’t have a ‘regular’ WK03 to compare it to, but assuming that the Sofirn SC18 was/is roughly the same in terms of used parts (and also the TIR), then it seems to be that they’ve used a different TIR in the ‘golden WK03’.

When doing a (white wall) beamshot comparisson between the SC18 (SST-40) and the WK03 (519A), I expected the SC18 to have a bigger hot spot than the WK03, due to the bigger ‘LES’ of the SST-40, but in practice the ‘golden WK03’ has a noticably bigger hot spot than the SC18. The hot spot is also noticably more defined (sharper/harder edge) than the SC18, which has a hot spot with a quite soft edge.

Maybe the dome of the 519A (in the WK03) also plays a role in this, but given the fact that the difference is quite substantial, I also feel that they used a different TIR with a wider angle.

1 Thank

I just ordered another … great light all around.

$18.89 55%OFF | Wurkkos -TLF Golden WK03 18650 Flashlight Nichia 519A 5000K 1200lm USB C Rechargeable Extra Magnetic Tail Cap (LIMITED OFFER)
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$18.89 55%OFF | Wurkkos -TLF Golden WK03 18650 Flashlight Nichia 519A 5000K 1200lm USB C Rechargeable Extra Magnetic Tail Cap (LIMITED OFFER)
16.26€ 66% OFF|Wurkkos tlf golden wk03 5000 taschenlampe nichia 519a k 1200lm usb c wiederauf ladbare extra magnetische schwanz kappe (begrenztes angebot)| | - AliExpress

1 Thank