New to AVR/Atmel

I can see -V (capital one):

-V Do not verify.
avrdude version 6.0.1

Of course it would be enough to modify values in avrdude.conf to make it works, I just wonder if it’s safe / doable :>

Right, had it backwards, sorry about that… This is what I see when I put avrdude in the command line:

This stuff is a learning experience…

Ahh. I think the “-V”/do not verify probably means that it doesn’t verify that what it wrote/burned, i.e., it doesn’t read the results back in and verify against what it thought it wrote.

The “-F” means that even if there is no signature match, go ahead.

Thanks,
Jim

It may be flaky communications (clock issue, bad connection or too long wires.)
Try a ‘-B 32’ in the AVRDUDE command line to slow the ISP communication down.

E.g.
avrdude -c usbasp -p t13 -u -B 32 -Uflash:w:abc.hex -Ulfuse:w:0x6A:m -Uhfuse:w:0xed:m

(use the appropriate fuse values for the firmware you are trying to upload.)

Need to subscribe to this.

Thanks! :wink:

This looks interesting…

AVRDUDESS

I have been playing with it and it looks interesting, figured I would pass it on.

sorry for borrowing this thread but I just got my clip and I got this

I am pretty sure my clip is working fine but I see this error every single time
Still clueless on how to begin work after all the reading.

The chip is labeled tiny13, correct?
Is the signature always exactly the same, 0x000000?
Double check that the clip is wired to the programmer in the correct order.

The chip is written atmel 1437 tiny 13a
Okay to use?

And I’m getting the same signature always.

Clip is wired where wire 8 moves to wire 9 right?

Yes

Sorry, I don’t understand your question.

As according to flashlight wiki on avr driver, I got to move wire 8 of the soic clip to pin 9 on my programmer so the MISO lines up correctly. flashlightwiki

I am guessing that is the only wire I need to move?
If not I’ll just strip all wires and manually wire the required cables only by starting fresh

Edit: I decided to take out the cables and wire the whole thing again and I got this message

I guess I’m good to go?

I see. That pinout is wrong. Only pin 8 and 10 are ground on the blue programmers labeled LC Technology or LCsoft studios. Pin 3, 4, 6 are not ground.

thanks for the help :slight_smile:
I’ve rewired things again and got the message above on my previous post

Try again. If the device signature changes each time you try then that is a sign that the clip may not be making a good connection to all the pins on the attiny.

lucky me
the device signature remained 0x0e8003 every single time

but I get fuse errors like these

welp

I think i did something wrong to the old board or it is a faulty one to begin with.
The old nanjg 105d kinda died and no longer switches on after trying and trying

my new update on a new (and final 105d board) gave me a positive result

I guess I’m getting a greenlight to flash a new firmware to it then.

Since it is a 105d with no stars, any suggestions on what firmware to flash?

I was seeing that with my programmer on 1 of my computers. I switched to 5 volts and the problem went away and it worked great!

well sadly I’ve been using 5V but no changes

I’m afraid it’s still no good. Wrong signature and those fuses that it claims to have read can’t be right.
“avrdude: Expected signature for Attiny13 is 1E 90 07” is saying that the signature it got is wrong. When it’s working properly this message will not appear.

Do you have the ground pin coming from #8 or #10 of the USB AVR? Pin #3 is not a ground - flashlightwiki is wrong about that with the USB AVR's we are using today. Mine was wrong literally for years and happened to usually work for the 13A's, but did not work reliably with the 25/45/85 MCU's - I switched the ground to pin #10 (from #3) and all my problems went away.