New to BLF, but a long time lumen addict.

Hi everyone, I’m new to the site, but I’m no stranger to hacking things up. I’m a mechanic from Dayton, and work at a race shop. I’ve been tinkering with flashlights since the 6p went led. Man… typing that brings back memories… at one point I was amazed how bright 100 retina scorching lumens were, not to mention the 60 minutes you’d get from a pair of cr123 primaries… Now the hugsby xp-2’s I gave my coworkers for Xmas beat that hands down on a pair of aaa’s! Led’s have come a long way, and my collection has grown exponentially since that first 6p. I have not tallied up how many lights I own recently, but I’ve managed to buy close to 20 in the last month. Atmittedly though, only a few made it to my collection, seems everyone on my list ended up receiving a flashlight for Christmas. A few of the xp-2’s, some olight s15’s, a couple maratac copper aaa’s for the very lucky, and I managed to sneak in a g2x LE and a g2x tactical in for myself, lol. I’ve not done a lot of modding to date, I’ve got too many hobbies to dive down that rabbit hole yet. But I do enjoy playing with the 6p “Lego lights” and have made a couple of my g2x’s look a little classier with the help of some coated glass and xeno bezels. Anyways, I feel I’ve run on long enough, if you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading my short synopsis of a fellow flashaholic.

Welcome!

....now run! You think you've been spending...just wait. LOL

Seriously though, enjoy the fun ;)

Heh, welcome to BLF. if you like the P60 lights, then check out PFlexPro.com and search here for his posts, he really does some great stuff with his lights. The TIR swappable heads are very interesting.

Welcome! You got here just in time for the Luckysun D80 BLF Edition groupbuy. It will blow you away.

Welcome to BLF!

It's nice of you to join us, Mr.Big!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, those lights are definitely awesome, but I have yet to venture into the realm of rechargeables outside of the streamlight stingers we have at work. Everything runs on primaries at the moment. Although my recent infatuation with the micro single aaa lights is getting pretty bad. I have two of the regular production lumintop tools in copper on the way, and want to pick up a couple from the GB before they’re gone, plus amazon has what appears to me a pretty good deal on the alloy tools right now, buy 5 and get 21%off the order total and it qualifies for free shipping. That would give me plenty of hosts to attempt that awesome 219c swap I saw done with the programmable driver. Sorry I can’t remember who did that mod, but you did an awesome job!

Welcome to BLF.

Soon you have to try rechargeables. There is a $4 very good charger - spec wise:
http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_272183.html

Welcome, I look forward to seeing the efforts of a fellow hacker.

And sign on for round 2 of the BLF348 if you like the AAA format lights. Only one mode but a beautifully made light with great CRI and lotsa lumens. As you get into LiIon’s (and you probably will) remember only good cells and chargers; the cheap stuff can harm more than your budget! (The BLF 348 is 10440 friendly and then it really performs!)

Phil

Aloha, and welcome from Hawaii!

Dude, read up on rechargeables, you will NOT regret it! Also, headlamps are awesome for working with your hands. In my experience warm white tints with a diffused beam (for lower glare) are great. WELCOME!

^^ What he said :) The rechargeable Li-ion are very worth getting into - yuo will immediately see power, convenience, and savings

aaaand Since you twist wrenches and since it was mentioned you ought to take a look at these headlamps....

...and since you are into racing...you ought to look at these babies...looks and horsepower that fit your pocket

and for good all-around use

Those BLF 348’s are a nice light for the price, and a great emitter to boot!

I really like that h15 bugsy, I PM’d you about prices. Those ss/cu lights look awesome too!