New Trustfire Tiny XM-L Light

That's the fastest I've ever heard receiving a light from across the sea.

Ordered mine 4/24 and still waiting.... Hope it arrives with similar speed.

Surprised me, by far faster than my other orders. Just compared it with my quark xml 123 and slightly brighter, much less $, and far cooler tint.

anybody know of a brighter keychain light or a contender?

theres actually a review here.

This is brighter than xtar wk21.
the tint is cooler than wk21

Me too ……

SO it’s .2 cm shorter then this Trustfire mini. http://www.ebay.com/itm/270983599351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2256wt_1396

It’s gonna take 2 weeks to get here from Asia and the ebay one cost 3 dollars less!

A review posted here. Review: Trustfire Mini-01

some websites claim 280lm and others claim 800lm… what gives?

Fellas have measured this light to output approx 500lm.

I’d say 280 might be about right on a primary, and 500+ on a 16340 or more with an IMR.

Hi,

I’m really thinking about getting this light. My problem is, that I don’t have a 16340 so far, so I want to know with which battery you had the best experience? Which has a good capacity and offers some nice Amps?

Thanks,
Alex

I’ve had good results with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Yezl-top-quality16340-CR123a-rechargeable-3-7v-protected-batteries-case-/290739416253?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item43b16b6cbd#ht_3400wt_1151

If you look at the test graphs in the ebay listing, the Yezl 16340 has the best capacity. They are also capable of 3.2A max discharge, so can provide plenty of current to the Trustfire Mini-01.

The light gets very hot on high though, so wouldn’t be suitable for extended use on high.
I used 3.2v LifeP04’s in the light also, and the light isn’t as bright, and doesn’t get as hot either. These cells aren’t protected though, so the light might over discharge them if you aren’t careful.

Just picked up a pair of Yezl’s. Mini should be received soon as well, a good combo.

Yeah good combo.

Let us know how you get on once they arrive.

Thanks for your answer!

I think now I can give this combo a try, will be nice to surprise people with this little monster! :crown:

They will be impressed with the light that comes out of the tiny beast :slight_smile:

Can’t wait until it arrives. Hopefully sometime this week. I assume the Yetzl batteries will also make a difference…

I tried primaries, 3.2v LifeP04’s and the Yezl 3.7v. The 3.7v are definitely brightest by a nice margin. The fact they are protected is good too, because it is easy to over discharge(a non protected cell) because the light drains the cells so fast.

Just curious, how long before it burns up on High mode?

It gets hot but still ok to hold on a primary or LifeP04, but with the 3.7v it gets very hot within about a minute, and too hot to hold for long after 2-3 minutes.

There is some more info in this thread including temperature testing Review: Trustfire Mini-01

Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt for the info!

Cheers
Steve

No problem Steve.