NEW TrustFire TR-DF010 CREE XHP70 2 Models 1600LM Diving Flashlight $69.29 Shipped

I’ll take the $8 coupon, thanks!

I would like 8$ off please!

Thank you Tinywind. Pls send me the $8 discount coupon. Thanks again!

BTW, I would not mind to host a group buy for the RoMiSen RC-3114 if that would be an option (and if the 365nm led is possible :-) ), and see how many people we can get interested.

How do I view my Wish List at tinywind.com?

[quote=tinywind.com]

Hi Hirsh, I was informed that the factory would produce RoMiSen RC-3114 when they have an order of 200pcs of this flashlight. That means, they do not have that order for the moment. So do you think BLF members would be interested in the Group Buy 200pcs RoMiSen RC-3114, for US$11.99 each?
[/quote]

I was originally interested in this light because it looks like a nice 18650 stainless steel tube-style light with rare UV capability. Two emitters in a split reflector is an added benefit and useful if it works, but probably means that neither give such a great beam profile.

There is very little information about this particular RoMiSen model - certainly no reviews here on BLF. There is some old stock on other sites such as AliExpress, but I will hold-off a purchase elsewhere whilst there is talk of a possible resurrection through a Group-buy!

In the TinyWind listing we cannot tell which emitter is which from the description, but it looks like one is XM-L2 (silver surround and dot in corner) – likely the normal white emitter. Whilst the other would be the UV/Purple emitter.

Does TinyWind have any other information about this light, particularly the specifics of both the UV and non-UV emitter? e.g. Cree Model/UV Model, CW/NW, Bin/Tint, etc?

Can you please try to obtain as much information about the stock light, and possible options for changes to the configuration from the supplier/manufacturer, so that we can consider a group-buy.

[quote=djozz]

I think that BLF-members would be delighted with this lovely light at this great price, at least I would be :-) .

I'm not sure if a group buy would yield 200 pieces, but I'm sure 100 could be achieved. Could you ask the factory if they replace the 400nm UV-led with a 365nm UV-led? (365nm light is more versatile for money detection and it should not be more expensive for them) If they would do that, it could become a 200 or more pieces group buy.

[/quote]

I second DJozz opinion; if this can be delivered in a stock form that would satisfy the BLF community you are bound to get a reasonable uptake in demand.

It is quite difficult to find quality UV-capable lights, so something like this that functions as both a useful UV and regular light would appeal to me and, I’m certain, others too.

Take a look at these threads and you can see for yourself:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2218 - “Review: UV light shootout, seven lights tested”

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/33968 - “Ultraviolet Emitters”

[quote=djozz]

BTW, I would not mind to host a group buy for the RoMiSen RC-3114 if that would be an option (and if the 365nm led is possible :-) ), and see how many people we can get interested.

[/quote]

Happy for you to run with this DJozz; I would gladly offer to jump in and host a group-buy, but my modding skills are beginner-level and I’m not sure I’d have the most expertise to assess a lights component quality through a Group-buy lifecycle. Would you be agreeable for me to support you if this proceeds through the GB process. Are you up for this?...

Should we start a new thread to gather interest and opinion? I’m conscious of polluting this TinyWind thread.

[[Getting excited!!]] Keep shining,

Hirsh

$8 off please. Thank you!

I prefer the US$8 OFF coupon. Thanks!

I would not try to get this light customised (except for the 365nm led, that would be nice), because I'm certainly not capable of doing anything remotely similar to what krono and bugsy have done. I'm sure the driver will not give the currents that are common on BLF, but it is quite special that it can serve two leds (I wonder what the UI is). And the price is very good anyway.

The white led looks like XP-G2 btw.

This light btw has some potential as a modding host in that the BLF 17DD FET+7135 driver with some tweaks in the modes can be used to drive two leds separately (one on the FET, the other on the 7135, possibly stacked, 700mA is great for a colour led). Just thinking out loud.

A problem with a group buy on this light is that to get enough people interested there has to be a review sample, and this light is sold out everywhere but on Aliexpress ( I can not buy on Aliexpress because I do not own a credit card).

Yes, you're quite right. It is indeed XP-G2 (from the photos at least anyway). Although you can't see the amount of bonding wires, and the shape of the corner dot is blurry (XM-L2 is round dot, XP-G2 is square dot), it is clear to see the small "+" sign at the bottom of the die board as prominent on the XP-G2. So that seems clarified.

Also agree with not requesting to many mods (if any are even possible). A more effective UV wavelength would be great and we can only but ask. If they say no, or cannot provide, then so be it - but worth an ask. As they say "if you don't ask, you won't get!".

I like your analysis of mod-potential as a host. Hopefully others can see this too. At $11.99, assuming cell-size support and some other factors are confirmed, it would be a great deal for 18650 dual-led stainless-steel host.

As for review-sample, it's a bit chicken-and-egg. Does that mean someone has to take a financial risk and just buy a full-price 'sample' (eg. from AliExpress) with no other benefit other than to review for everyone else's Group-buy potential? And then if/when a Group-buy is possible, that person will still need to buy the light again to benefit from any changes...

Just trying to get a feel for how this whole GB-thing works and if there is anything in it for the GB-hoster? If I bite the bullet and buy the AliExpress version, I would need to get it to someone experienced enough to dissect it and analyse the components for full review.

Hirsh

Congrats to Pregulla and thanks to Tinywind.

I prefer the $8 coupon, thanks for the generosity.

I interested if it have the 365nm led.

Congrats to Pregulla

Thank you Tinywind

I prefer the $8 coupon.

I’ll have an $8 coupon thanks! Nice work!

$8 coupon please. Thank you.

Hi djozz and other members who are interested in the RoMiSen RC-3114, I am trying to look for other suppliers and wait for the replies from the factory, replies on the UV-led WL, production lead time and possible best best prices.

I will keep update on the latest news for you all. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Congrats on the win, Pregulla! $)

If it's not too late, I would like an $8 coupon.

(Thanks, Tinywind.)

Bought MC1 for 3$, thanks…
BTW MC1 - 8$ = 3$ with tracking :stuck_out_tongue:

I almost did that too, but there’s an MC1 Plus too. HKJ’s review says it needs a 1A input adaptor.

I might as well go for a $8 coupon. I was asleep at the wheel and missed out on the $20 coupon that I could have used on one of the expensive lights. :_(