New UK member.

Hi, I decided to join after lurking on here for the last few days, great forum!

I’ll apologise in advance for any dumb or basic questions I have (I will try and search for answers before asking though).

I’m looking at getting my first “proper” flashlight and seem to have over-complicated the process, I had set my heart on a Trustfire 3T6 but after reading about the batteries going pop I’m a bit worried, if i buy some decent? AW protected batteries and a decent charger here in the UK it will cost me about £50, thats double the price of the Trustfire 3T6!

Anyway, I’ll keep reading on here and see if I can decide what to do, any advice or opinions are always welcome.

Welcome to BLF! Lots of advice available around here.

-Garry

Welcome :slight_smile: brushdaft.
Don’t worry. Come back to this site often and you’ll soon discover which lights are worth spending your money on.

Welcome, mate. What part of the UK are you from?

Welcome to BLF! You'll love being here! :)

You might want to consider Skyray King instead of 3T6, just because the batteries are parallel in King (= safer than 3 in series in 3T6). It's not much more expensive either.

Also, AW batteries are usually a bit overpriced. Check Fasttech for Panasonic Protected 18650 3100mAh instead. For charger, I'd suggest Nitecore i4 V2.

Don’t get AW cells from the UK then :wink:

Fasttech is your friend… Pick up some protected Sanyo or Panasonic cells for around $15 and the Nitecore I2 intellicharger.

Thanks for the welcome and advice, I’ve already spent a good few hours reading topics, it’s all very new to me and pretty complex for someone with zero knowledge of flashlights (my current torch is a 15 year-old AA mag-lite :8) )

That Fasttech company is really good value when compaired to the places I’ve been looking online, I’m still unsure how I feel about li-ion batteries, I’ve saved those links for the charger/batteries incase I decide to go down that route.

I’ve had a look at that Skyray before and I don’t really like the way it looks, I know thats a dumb reason to dismiss a torch, but as I said I’ve kind of got my heart set on a 3T6 if possible.

BTW, I’m in Huddersfield, Yorkshire.

Thanks again.

Hi and welcome bushdraft. I can recommend that you buy lots off lights and if you dont like them, mod them. Good luck.

Welcome to BLF.

Have a look at this! :wink:

Marc.

Hi brushdaft! Welcome to BLF! :party:

Thanks for joining Flashaholics Anonymous, brushdaft!

Hi and welcome!

The 3T6 can’t fit in your pocket. The skyray king can kinda. It’s alot smaller than it looks in pics.

Hey, btw welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF!
Can’t decide on the TR-3T6 or SRK? Get both and compare :wink:

I’ve got a BS Terminator sat on a shelf gathering dust if you want to try it.

Best advice!

Welcome to the forum!