New Ultrafire flashlight: UF-T1

Since beamshots are not of main concern, the followings are provided.

Left to right : UF-Ti, Solarforce X3, Tank007 E06, Nextorch K1

All in Hi mode if available. More or less the same in intensities.

First, it will risk shorting the circuit(?), I would rather stay with alkalines. Thanks to your advice.

Second, I’ll rather wait for someone to answer the Eneloop issue. Too expensive for me and own none.

Third, with the same alkaline cell, an all aluminum Tank007 E09 with a small keyring/chain attached is felt lighter than the UF-T1. As a owner of the imfamous Olight Christman Transformer gift set of solid titanium construction, the UF-T1 should be trusted to be 100% solid titanium. Just a sense of joke, China pushes lots of aerospace hardwares recently, scrap titanium raw stocks should be available easily. Will try to see if a letter scale could be employed to figure out the exact weight.

A street deal (in the great Apliu street Ultrafire outlet) is USD22.00. List is USD24.00.

Yeah that last paragraph confused me….

Are you saying the aluminum tank007 is lighter than the UF? If so, I can’t see how the UF is real ti…. but the end of the last paragraph sounds like you think it is.

I think that’s what he’s saying…

Titanium density: 4.506 g·cm−3
Aluminum density: 2.70 g·cm−3

edit: should be easy enough to tell - just hit it with a grinder…does it spark? 0:)

Oh…. I thought ti was lighter than alu. hrrmmm. My mistake.

Spark test should work. :slight_smile: can also tell by how brittle it is. Ti chips.

fatlokwok thanks for the pics, seems like a good light.

I may have to purchase it.

It's XP-E and not XP-G right

Manafont has it for $20. Aluiminium according to the manafont specs.

DQG Titanium Alloy World smallest CREE R5 3C NW 1xAAA EDC Flashlight weighs 9g without battery and 15g with battery.

The ultrafire shipping weight is 52g

is it just me, or would anybody else prefer aluminum

aluminum thermal conductivity - 237 W·m−1·K−1
titanium thermal conductivity - 21.9 W·m−1·K−1

I suppose to a collector, or to someone that needs a VERY sturdy flashlight, titanium might be preferable, since heat isn’t really an issue here…

My guesstimated nett weight of UF-T1 is between 20g to 25g, including some silicone grease and spray applied. My scale readout resolution is 5g. It gives a well-rounded 50g readout with a designated 50g reference weight.

A new observation is that the negative contact should be pressed fitted inside and therefore the tail end is fatter than the rest of body.

FYI, the TANK007 E09 depicts nett wt. 490g in the printed English version of physical spec. while the corresponding Chinese version counterpart is 12.7g. I will honor the second figure.

Listing says made BY Titanium, not made OF titanium…

$20? I’ll stick with the thru-nite Ti which are readily available for 10 bucks!

That's a bigger light

thru-nite Ti Length: 72mm Diameter: 14 mm

UltraFire UF-T1 5.9cm(L) x 1.3cm(Diameter)

I want to order one. Just a few questions before I do, is R5 or XP-E (XT-E) better? And What are the differences?

To fatlokwok, how low is the low mode?

Thank you.

Cree XP-E, High 120 lm, Low 20 Lm (likely configuration)

Works with AAA carbon/alkaline(1.5V) or Ni-MH(1.2V). Doubt with 10040 (3.6V) both electrical and physical

Most compact but smooth and manageble hi/low twist actions, good knurling, tail stand OK, clear glass lens

Low production costs is prime, service life might be short

Real solid titanium (Olight’s remark about its S10 titanium ver in the official website worth a look)
more resistant to harsh chemical and physical environment (known to survive in sea water)

Can buy 2 nos. all aluminum Thrunite T1 instead (brass pill with best twisty mechanism)

Weight empty is 11.4g and typical carrying weight with carbon 18.7g / akaline 22.8g / Ni-MH 23.0g

So its not worth it? I just wanted it for the novelty of owning a titanium light.

I have a Solar Force X3 as EDC but it is a bit too heavy. Maybe the Thrunite Ti is a better choice.

NightCrawl can you contact the manufacturer and confirm voltage. Kaidomain states max 2.7v, manafont AAA battery, DX 1.2 to 1.5v and ultrafire shop UltraFire 10440,AAA size x 1

I think this light is aluminium and not Titanium

Looks like all the same light w/ xp-e despite claim of “R5” or xt-e.

Could well be Ti since it’s made en masse.

I doubt it is Ti. None of the pics have the look of Ti but rather of aluminum to my eye. Also, there are lots of small AAA lights out there, what’s special about this? I’m assuming it isn’t real titanium.

fatlokwok has a Ti Olight and says this is also Ti.

BTW, fatlokwok, do you have a DMM to test current draw?