new version Solarforce L2M - quick preview

I remember someone buying one and saying it was very “warm”

here

No need forcing me as I am getting one. Should I get a drop-in from Solarforce? What could you hook me up with E1320? Cost? This will be my first lego YAY @gottazoom that is a great idea!

Keith

I can see it in my mind LOL!

Keith

I bought a new L2m awhile back for 12$ off ebay…I dropped in a nangj 105c driver 1.7a driven Xp-g and use an 18350…it is such a nice little light…

Rozen -

This light stands head and shoulders over the sand L2 because as far as I know, there is no new version L2 in sand yet, just the L2P . . . . and I'm not sure I don't like this better than even that, as well.

cainn24 -

I have this exact drop-in . . . I reviewed it here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4646

As I recall, quite a few people like this module but I do not. It doesn't look warm, it looks like somebody put a yellow dome over the emitter.

Oh, and another thing; it pulls 5 amps. I'm not joking, I put a fresh protected Solarforce 18650 in my old silver L2 and it measured 5.20 amps initially before "settling down" to 5.08. Even after messing with it for a few minutes it pulled 4.80. Dang thing pulls 1.50 amp on medium.

I hate it.

edc -

You need to know that I included an A001 head when I ordered another L2M. That just looks too sweet so . . . thanks for that.

easilyinfluencedFoy

$28 plus shipping for an XML with custom modes, send me a PM and we can talk.

bored today so

Haha. That’s precisely I find L2 (compatible) stuff so annoying. I have a nice little L2P already. I love it. I don’t need to do anything else to it. I don’t need another. But customization, and mixing and matching, is an addiction waiting to happen. I’m trying to resist, and you’re not helping!

That Head does look sweet, EDC do you mind putting it on a regular L2 or L2T if you have one.

look here

I bought it on an L2T special from Sf and put the L2m body on it

This isn’t HAIII, is it? I’m sure I have read somewhere here that it is, but Solarforce doesn’t mention it.

:party: :party: :party:
Never knew of the L2m! Just Wow Wow.
Special Thanks to all who posted about The L2m :8)

I switched the bezal with L2P less agressive and shorter.

Very little white write-ing small like on all L2m’s
“L2M
(Serial #) S/N:A01694”

Next: “SolarForce”

I ordered from Kaidomain a dropin:
Cree XM-L, U2, 1A,1000 Lumen, 3.7 V - 4.2 V, 5 Mode
Price was $11.84 shipped.
Used Alum. Strips cut from heavy take-out party-tray.
U
Cut and smoothed out to make flatter then cut to fill the area ddto the dropin stop. It was so tight I had to stand up and push as hard as I could with all my weight 175 pounds.

Compared to the Shadow JM 07 Pro Stone White and it is brighter and whiter. I like it better now will sell the Pro if I can.

What a bargin or better to say “Budget Light” :heart_eyes:

Welcome to the pocket rocket club :bigsmile:

So does a regular L2 and one of these adapters equal a L2r ?

Everyone wanted a 2 AA solarforce now that they have been discontinued .

So you get a great 18350 or 16340 host and an adapter to make a 2 AA light out of your other L body ..

I made the assumption this was a forward clicky too ...interesting ....

Good Lego fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xwXVxMYUf8&feature=relmfu

Actually it’s fully mission capable, highly reliable, ruggedized and cost effective.

Joel

I heard you drove by my place but you didn't stop, because of the "I shoot people who don't carry a Maglite" sign in the front yard.Tongue Out

@Foy-Mustbeveryverystressfulgettingtoplaywithallthoselightseverydaypoorbaby. But...I'mgladyou'rehavinfunthat'stheimportantpart.Wink

It wasn’t the sign that scared me I just knew it would be a suicide mission because people your age have nothing to loose
:stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I did about the same thing.

But now I’m looking for a way to take the extra section of battery tube and add a driver, LED, and twisty tailpiece.
My ideal pocket light size is still the Arc LS. One of the extra battery sections from the L2M should be a flashlight all by itself.