new version Solarforce L2M - quick preview

How did you get this guy to tailstand. Is there a “link” to the right goods, with the reverse clickie? Thanks!

FULL BAKE

This would work
here

Looks awesome! 8)

That would definately work.

You know, right up until this very moment, I had no idea what the phrase “FULL BAKE” even meant. I was, at one point, looking around for a solarforce host that was the same colour as the one in your photo because it looks pretty snazzy. Then I encountered this over at DX which then lead me to this right here.

This new little hobby I’ve recently discovered knows no bounds :slight_smile: Something new to try!

(posted partly for the benefit of any other newbies who also don’t know what edc’s picture is an example of)

are these similar (adjustable length) to the L2 or L2p?

aka should i get an l2m or l2p

Yes, many of us suffered greatly during our "Easy Bake" period. Lasted longer for some. Foy was lucky; his came and went quickly enough, changing forever the life, if not the soul of a troubled yet resurrected F15 . . . .

. . . . its life over except for the devine intervention of an E1320/5-mode/3.5 amp rebirth followed by a character strengthening baptism by fire. (1-2 hours @ 400º in the Foyfurnace)

Foy

I am impatient so use a blow torch to bake my lights and when I see the colour I want I drop the body in water to quickly cool it. The key is to heat the light evenly. I turn mine with a pair of kitchen tongs while it is under the flame.

It doesn’t look like solarforce sell the B2 bezel anymore. I assume that is the one used for the FoyBezel.

You're right . . . . I also used to get them from Lighthound but they don't have them anymore either. A member I recently sold a Foybezel to gave me a link on eBay that looks to be the right one. I ordered a few so, we shall see.

Foy

Got my L2m today! Now to change the bezel to a less pointy one. :bigsmile:

I just check their Facebook page, there’s new version of L2M body.

Solarforce L2M 2012 Version cost $12.99, and the old one dropped to $9.9.

This is worth a new thread, surely? Shame they kept the hex screw thing on the head, and I can’t see the join for the single CR123 operation.

edit>> but with a much nicer bezel. A steal at $13 ( save at least $2.50 replacing the bezel)

edit again >> new thread started here

I thought we were getting the new version since it was different from the old one it had serial numbers and a few other changes now $9.99, I always stock up to soon.

The new new one appears to be the same except for a different bezel. I guess I have to order one and see what else changed now $12.99.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have one of these coming, was planning a full L2M review when it gets here.

The good news is, the "old" one is now $10. Unbelievable price for a host this good.

Foy

@E1320
I think I should wait for your review of new L2M before buying one for myself :smiley:

Works on SF blue/white 880 Mah rechargeable. Not very bright.
Thx!

I wish they would have a option of hex head or not. For some reason it just irratates me but can live with it. Actually its my new current favorite with the KD XT-E 3 mode in it…. lol bright small and looks good. I put the bezel off my “sand” L2 and it actually makes it look even better. Finally a use for the sand L2…