New Zebralight A6?

Merry Christmas to everybody! Today I was looking at Zebralight website chart and noticed that there is a new flashlight coming soon:

It looks like it will be called the A6 and here is the specs:

• Lumileds Luxeon V 70+ CRI
  • Floody
  • 5 Modes
  • 800 - 3 lumes
  • 0.94 inch bezel diameter
  • 3.63 inch length
  • 1.3 oz
  • TIR
  • Magnets
  • More efficient driver than H600
  • potted electronics, unibody

It seems interesting that they have a lower lumen number than other flashlights and much higher lowest output, but maybe it is a cheaper model? On spec list it doesn't seem that good, but maybe it has a special feature we do not know about? It may also be the first zebralight with TIR optic?

It’s been in there for like 3 years or something :smiley: though maybe now that the component shortage is easing out they’ll release it soonish.

I believe it’s a TIR angle light and though it has been rumored for years, I remember someone getting info from Zebralight that it would be released this year (that seems unlikely now, but maybe soon).

The A6 has been in the spreadsheet since October 11, 2019. It replaced previously announced “budget” models that were never released going back to 2016. Zebralight claimed it would be released by the end of 2021, then the end of 2022, but we’re now going into 2023 with no signs of activity. I think there will be some actual new models coming at some point in 2023, and they have at least been consistent about saying they would start with the A6 and H600 Mk V models.

I was pretty close :smiley:

Prebuy It makes me smile. No flashing pads? :smile:

But magnets! :crazy_face:

Handyman’s dream! But no side switch :smile:

It’s priced like a Skilhunt H04, but I like the H04’s emitter options and headband much better.

Yea, LuxeonV led is kind off from past decade and have non standard landing pad, so its not getting easier if possible at all for modding.

If I ever went to heaven, and was granted one question, I would ask God : Why did ZL use Luxeon V in 2024 headlamp when they were already using 519A, and I can get a 519A light for $20.

I love Zebralight but I do wonder at their financial health. They have been extremely slow to come out with new models.

Also it has been almost 7 years since they came out with a new exterior body design. Since then all their lights appear to just be minor changes to internals of old lights.

UI with sub levels is kind of weird too.

I am perplexed with the ZebraLight A6. I don’t understand why they released this. I almost want to buy it out of pure curiosity. Does anyone actually own this light?

At least 1 person, posted on facebook and reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/19bkbkd/zebralight_a6/

A6 disassembly and led reflow