Newb: EDC, pocketable, without a magnetic tail cap?

not really
no part number on it, too small
many criteria have to be met for it to fit and work

You do not need the part number. It’s actually easier than you think.

Just use a ruler or calipers and measure the width of the switch. Then look for something that looks similar and is the right width on Amazon or Ebay.

• Even if it’s not exact, it still shouldn’t be hard to make it work.
  • As long as it is close enough, you should be able to bridge to the electrical contact points.
  • You don’t actually need the structural contact points at all…. you can just super-glue your replacement switch to the board.
  • If the button is too tall you can file the tip down to reduce the height.
  • If the button is too short, put a bit of super glue gel or epoxy putty on top to increase the height.

i will send you the broken POS :slight_smile:

i also discovered i liked the FW3A a lot better

wle

Not true. The number you need is always one more. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can heat up the tailcap and then the glue will likely fail due the different thermal expansion of the aluminium in the tailcap and that of the magnet. At least for hard type glues (which are likely used there). I did that with the Wurkkos FC11 by first removing the spring then using a paint strip gun to heat it up (if you don’t have that you could heat it up with a gas burner in a stove for example). Then tapping it onto a piece of wood while hot should make the magnet fall out.

Thank God the magnet is glued on the tail cap, not close to the head. Try to use boiling water or a hot air gun to melt down the glue.

You’re welcome…glad it did the trick!