Newb needing help for IR lights

Howdy everyone!

Total newb here and I’m looking to but or build a few IR lights.

They are all unique fire with aspheric lenses. I would like 3 mode units (hi-med-low)

First the T20, or T38(UF-1407), are what I need for short and medium range. I know that I want 850 nm. I can find one on ebay but it’s $120

For longer range I’d like either a T50(UF-1406), or T67(UF-1405). Just recently they came out with a shorter one that uses one cell, T50(UF-1503) and T67(UF-1504).

I have looked on ail express and posted on also posted a buying request on alibabba.

1. Anyone know a source where I can buy 3 or 4 of these lights listed? Can you send the link?

2. If I have to build these, what is a good parts source?

Thanks
Kyle

Osram black ir on a noctigon (electrically isolated) or bergquist star driven at say 1.4-1.75a with a single sided qlite driver should suffice. I’m sure CK will come along and comment. All can be had from mtnelectric, but they are out of the led’s at the moment. I’m in the process of building 3 of them, but mine with be single mode only.

Why do you prefer single mode?

Using gen 3 NV. Easier for hunting hogs at night. Prefer to just be on or off. Plus 2 of the 3 are for friends and they prefer single mode. I may be wrong but there shouldn’t be much spill on the aspheric to cause bloom all around. We are shooting at a distance so no real use for up close where you would need a low mode.

What is it for?

I'm going to build a ir uniquefire t20 as well. You might find some useful info on my thread

How much do you want to build yourself? Do you want the LED on a star, or would you prefer to buy them separate and reflow yourself.

I have not been able to find a starmounted Osram 4715S LED yet.

And you might take a look at this :-)

Mtnelectric has star mounted osram ir’s but they are out of the 850nm and only have the 940nm. I opted to buy some berquist mcpcb’s and will attempt to flow the led’s hopefully tomorrow.

Similar use here- only substitute digital night vision for Gen3.

I have a Photon XT mounted on a suppressed SBR that I want to use as my “finish” method. I want the 3 mode as I will be shooting in close and out far.

Instead of the DIY NV kit, I opted for the Sightmark Photon XT. The ATN. Xsight is on my wish list- after they get it fixed.

This is illumination for a hunting rig.

I can build some myself, but as an absolute newb- getting the right parts is the hard part.

Given a shopping list, I could put it all together myself. I was hoping someone had a source of units already built.

Last night a search on amazon found a t67 for about. $42.

If you want a unit already build you could try posting in the want-to-buy section

You could also try http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com - I found several selling Uniquefire T20 T38 T50 and T67. Some of them sell via facebook:

irlightbuilds user Sika Stag

Redirecting... user hywel1984