Newb wants to build some bright lights for off roading but has no idea where to start

For my next set I plan to get some of these. They are kc hilites knock-offs. You can also find them at walmart for the same price. You will need an HID kit with H3 bulbs. Ddmtuning is probably your best bet. Last you need a wire harness and a way to mount them. I’m pretty sure I’m gunna go with a set of 4: 2-3000k and 2-4300k with separate switches, so I can choose between color temperatures or just put out a massive 20,000 lumen wall of light.

I think I am catching on to this HID game. Get some average “off road lights” then swap out the bulbs for some HIDs? Is any of this stuff worth buying:

Link

I really couldn’t say. You want to be careful with cheap HID kits. Some come with inferior bulbs and ballasts. Maybe someone can chime in on a decent kit. In the mean time you can read the reviews on dx. Those kit’s seem a little pricey though.

Yeah I guess. I just like buying from China because buying from the US always somehow ends up being more expensive (I am in Canada)