【Wurkkos HD10 update】Design together Wurkkos AA/14500 Light/headlamp-trail production test~

Also a feature of the 12-group Convoy UI (plus groups with battery check option).

This works with linear and buck drivers, not sure about Convoy boost drivers.

1 Thank

Yeah, that’s how I normally check voltage. It shows different charge levels by color, so the battery status is visible at a glance. It’s much faster and more convenient than using a dedicated battery check mode. I don’t even have to touch it… I can glance at an entire desk full of lights, and see immediately if any are low.

Usually I charge until I’m in the blue voltage range, then use it until it’s yellow or red, then recharge again.

Or, on lights which don’t have colors, at least the button starts blinking when the battery is low.

Great point. And hours of moonlight are much more than enough for me, at that point I will only need enough lumens and time to grab my backup light (which rides EDC in my belt pouch anyway) and use it to change the battery in my main light.

The more I learn about Anduril, the more I like it!

1 Thank

I coded in my FW low voltage landing like this:
If voltage 2.7V then after 10seconds actual mode - 1 until off. But, its possible to turn on flashlight down to 2.5V. And… added momentary turbo-emergency mode by Click&Hold from off. It have no LVP at all. If you need, with boost driver you can suck out all juice down to about 2V.

Isn’t that just begging for a battery ignition/explosion right inside your flashlight, specially with that emergency-turbo (which I understand would imply high current)?

Any pointers to your FW? (I beg pardon for my ignorance if it’s well-known)

1 Thank

When batt full- it’s in turbo mode, when batt empty like 3V it can auto switch to any lower mode. All depends on driver topology. With linear or buck driver turbo is fine all the time. That FW i call ZigZag or Swing, Its simple intuitive UI, based on Toykeeper’s spageti-monster code .

1 Thank

Thanks for the pointer. Yay, another firmware based on TK’s F-ing Spaggetti Monster! :wink:

I don’t see it in @ToyKeeper’s FSM repo (there’s a branch for fsm and directly related firmware, have you considered sending it to her so it can get immortalized on her repo? (I’m just saying, not even sure she welcomes or even accepts such a thing).

Instead 660nm narrow band, would be nice have pc deep red Led.
I have found some but are 2835 and 150mA limited

1 Thank

Weird footprint but I’m waiting for the Cree XE-Gs to become popular!

Cutter electronics in Australia seems to be the only place to get boards, and those are 20mm when I’d rather much smaller.

2835 Leds are common in strip light, bulbs and Lantern.
But I had easily soldered them on 3535 boards.
PC deep red are 3V and can be mixed with white Led for increase quality of tint and Cri (rosier) or made ultrawarm CCT also in dual channel.

Uhh are you referring to XE-G? If so I’ll pick some up, the footprint is 2.05mm X 1.6mm and both the anode and cathode are on the same side… I can’t see how this would fit on a 3535 board?

Reason I’m interested in these specifically is the massive range of colours they’re available in, plus 3A rated.

new draw update

3 Thanks

I think the new design is a nice improvement. This is moving into a more useful direction for my uses.

1 Thank

Disappointed to be losing dual channel (was planning to mod for throw/flood) but still seems like a useful light.

Hard to give feelings about the combo switch/USB without getting a feel for it. I don’t exactly have faith that those rubber covers last long though, hopefully not a point of weakness I’m terms of longevity (water damage).

no USB-C port will be more simple , a same Electronic switch like TS10
We are also hesitant the combo switch/USB

4 Thanks

HD10

These designs look great, thanks for sharing. Interesting variation on the Ts10. Agree with the hesitation about port/switch combo.

Would there be room for RGB aux on the Anduril version?

1 Thank

I like the new design a lot more, but I am unsure about the switch. Might be better to use a regular switch on it.

Also, would it be possible to make the bezel threaded with notches for a tool to unscrew it?
The TS10 is very nice for swapping leds and the HD10 would be very nice too, if the bezel was easily removable.

Look at Emisar DW4 for example of bezel notches

1 Thank

yes, with RGB Aux together with the Main Led

4 Thanks

I hope this new design will keep the USB-C charging port. And this USB-C/switch combo thing - You would have to lift rubber cover to use the switch? If so I don’t think it’s a good idea.

A usb-c charging port would be great (if properly usb-c standard). Most of the rubber flaps used to cover the usb-ports are unfortunately bad quality.
If the only option is a bad quality rubber flap, i prefer it without usb-port.
Perhaps something like the wuben x-0 design? - a waterproof usb-c port with a switch over it?