Next Step Up from my XinTDThrower??

Hey all,

I am not someone that has a drawer full of lights. I just have 4 of my night stand and I have given away 5 or 6 to family.

The last nice light I got was an XinTD that a few members here recommended when I asked about a thrower. It is a nice light and thereā€™s NOTHING in my yard or the neighbors yard that can hide from me now.

I am curious as to what would be a step UP from this one. I also donā€™t know the technical ins and outs of these lights, Iā€™m not a modder. I donā€™t take them apart, I just put the batteries in them and go. SOā€¦.I am not very knowledgeable about the projects that you all talk about.

This one I asked for a nice THROWER and this is what was told to me to get. Iā€™m very happy with it. Now I am thinking I might want to pick up something that has a bit more throw to it for those times I am walking around hunting feral hogs and it starts getting dark.
I like using the 18650 cells and donā€™t mind using them in new lights if I have to. I also donā€™t mind if the light takes more than 1 cell. The only limit I would put on this step up light would be that it come in at less than $75, preferably a lot less. I like these budget lights a LOT.

So, what lights would you say would be a good choice for what I described? Do you have any that you think would be an awesome choice for a BIG BROTHER to the XinTD I have now?

Lets hear it.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

http://www.banggood.com/CRELANT-7G9V2-XML2-3Mode-1160-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-318650-p-927544.html non-aff btw
620m of throw manufacturer rated
donā€™t forget to use code BLF to bring the price down to about $71!

What about a ZOOMie light?

http://www.banggood.com/UniqueFire-UF-1405-Cree-XM-L2-1200LM-3-Modes-Portable-LED-Flashlight-p-947141.html

If you donā€™t mind modding, then there are loads of options. However if you want off the shelf, then one of these is very good.

Olight M2X-UT Javelot

http://olightworld.com/product/m2x-utjavelot/?bc=5

Available from a lot of places.

A bit over your budget, but like 3x better then anything you got in that price range :wink:

I would second dazed1ā€™s suggestion. It is a great light for sure, well worth every penny.

I recently got this light and I like it a bunch was going to mod it with a MT-G2 but now I donā€™t know if I want to do that or not.

YEZL Y3

its budget and should do the next step you are looking for.

Some more information HERE

Get in on this now.

http://www.illumn.com/armytek-barracuda-xm-l2-1390-led-lumens-black-bezel.html

Chris

The M3XS-UT Dazed1 suggested would blow your mind. That is the wow-thrower you are looking for.

M3XS-UT Has twice the throw of barracuda

Not twice, ~ 40% but still alot, and alsoā€¦.its much less bulkier.

ā€œThe only limit I would put on this step up light would be that it come in at less than $75, preferably a lot less. I like these budget lights a LOT.ā€

OP

Twice the throw, twice the price.

Read what the OP has and what he wants to step up to and youā€™ll see that that $75 Barracuda is probably a better value for him than the Olights that many seem to be suggesting here.

My buddy has DD XM-L2 TK61vn v4 and that things throws a laser beam, close to, if not a mile, but itā€™s a $300 light, so I didnā€™t recommend it.

Chris

You said ā€œbig brotherā€ so how about the Courui? Its good out of the box and is really easy to make even better!
Edit: its only about $30

No where near twice the price, infact almost the same price at some places if you look!

I donā€™t know where youā€™re getting a legit and non-grey market Javelot for close to $75.00, because Iā€™d just checked BangGood, Battery Junction, GoingGear, GearBest, Andrew&Amanda, HKEquipment and a few smaller places and with rare exception (A&A, ā€˜make offerā€™) itā€™s $149.99 via legit Olight dealers.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not saying I wouldnā€™t want that light, just that the OP wanted to keep it below $75 and the Barracuda is right there and a renowned thrower for its class, although I guess itā€™s perhaps a bit datedā€”hence the blowout sales on Illumination.com?

Anyhow, I guess itā€™s time to move on?

Chris

Try banggood - 0E39FD and your closer but there are better still if you look properly