Ni-Mh cell with white dust/powder in positive pole

Wear your safety eye protection when you do this kind of thing.
And remember the 12V Auto battery should not be used near electrical sparks.

Muahahahah no… No safety glasses at all. ( I am crazy!)

As we learn from our Ukrainian friends, pool goggles, shorts, and flip-flops should be sufficient safety gear.

Wait… they’re not lithium cells, so you can be butt nekkid and do whatever you want. You’re good.

Wow, it’s still 1135mAh according to the Lii-500. :+1:

(which discharges down to 2.8 Volts by the way)

Wow, your Aspire has more capacity now, after being drained to 0, than mine ever did when new. :slight_smile:

Yeah, when i got them new i NOR tested them and wrote the capacity on them, and this one was 1072 mAh.
But i haven’t used them that much, but they say that after the first few cycles the maximum capacity is reached.
This seems to be true then.
But apparently the worst possible over-discharging (it was really 0.0 Volts) didn’t harm this little fellow at all !
Maybe it was the shock therapy that made it behave so well? :smiley:

Honestly speaking, using a few Ohms resistor as one of the jumper lead wires can limit the current enough for the experience to be a lot gentler.

I don’t know if it should have been gentler.
In my case, i first tried it with a half charged VTC6, which didn’t seem to do much.
So then i put some leads on my 12 Volt sealed lead acid battery (not a car battery, but an old 12000 mAh Reliart® by Yuasa®) and just pulsed it (which produced sparks, of course) until it was within range to be recognized as a Li-ion by my charger.
So i gave it very very short pulses, like 0.05 seconds per pulse (guesstimated).